Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 68093 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:53 pm »

Wow. Definitely need to learn the word upstairs. That's sad.

Follow Sensei.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:12:38 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »

Just waiting for Sensei.

EDIT:

Random.org seems to be throwing up a lot of 6s...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:45:08 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »

Don't you have a dice in your house?

Anyway, I've got to think this through. I'd rather the huge tau go in front, but he might suddenly forget how to kill or something. I should really think this out before I get my killin' goggles on though. Hm... not yet. Open the trap door.

...oh, and become acquainted with my fellowmen.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 05:44:44 pm »

No, I don't. Besides, overshoots are some of the most fun parts of an RTD!

Opening doors is a free action, so I'll add-sume "and go down".

What the heck is happening to my thread? Is this some sort of weird forum glitch? It keeps getting locked, is someone playing a prank?

I'll do the turn in a minute...

EDIT:

It did it again while I was writing the turn!

Exkirby: 5

You switch your pistol ammo out again, in a very badass manner. You're starting to get kind of good at it... (dabbling firearm-intimidator, +1 to intimidating with firearm-type weapon)
Everyone follows you down into the cellar.

tehstefan: 1 (the who? On a hunch, I'm going to guess Frelock, not that it matters. How do you make asking a question backfire?)

You ask about the skinny nerd guy, but noone seems to hear you. You then stub your toe on the way down the stairs.

Frelock: 6 (stupid overshoots on mundane actions...)

With lightning speed, you race back to the white house! You smash through the window, grabbing the lunch sack and water bottle in midair, then springboard off the ceiling of the living room and into the cellar next to Kyrby, landing perfectly. Awesome.

inteuniso: 5

On the way down, your elfin sword begins to glow a faint blue.

Sensei: Open the trap door (and climb in, I suppose).

Following the red-capped man's lead, you climb down into the cellar, turning on your grue-repelling lamp.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the Cellar.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (glowing light blue). In the Cellar.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora (and nothing else? :P). In the Cellar.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the Cellar.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Cellar.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:21:42 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 06:44:43 pm »

A logical overshoot would be for him to break the egg.

I will allow other people to do dangerous things, while I ponder chess. Provide light if necessary.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 07:12:18 pm »

A logical overshoot would be for him to break the egg.

Perhaps. He did smash something anyway, it's just that it's something that won't matter very much. I would have him crack his femur, but like I said before, I'm going to hold off on injuring the party until either someone learns healing (I suggest Frelock) or a certain event happens (and from now on, every turn there's a very good chance that it's going to happen that turn). If you don't have a way to heal by that time, I doubt the party will make it through without casualties.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 07:44:43 pm »

Look around in the cellar.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 07:57:08 pm »

Of course I'm wearing stuff. I'm just remarking that my fedora is special!

I stick close to the guy with the lamp, while keeping my magnum at the ready. Oh, and checking to make sure its loaded.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 09:22:22 pm »

I see no one noticed my error in the status listing...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 01:38:40 am »

A healing hacker, eh?  I suppose I could try.  What's the worst that can happen?

Use the computer terminal, and, via typing rapidly, hack into the game code, de-compile it, find the level-design section of the code, add a convenient chest just out of sight containing a backpack filled with a variety of medical supplies, doing it in such a way as to not break save-compatibility, then re-upload the game code and reboot.  Then look under my foot to see what I smashed.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:29:43 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »

A healing hacker, eh?  I suppose I could try.  What's the worst that can happen?

Use the computer terminal, and, via typing rapidly, hack into the game code, de-compile it, find the level-design section of the code, add a convenient chest just out of sight containing a backpack filled with a variety of medical supplies, doing it in such a way as to not break save-compatibility, then re-upload the game code and reboot.  Then look under my foot to see what I smashed.
You know what happens if you roll a 1 on that, right?

1. You fail to restart the universe. Oops. Well, I guess you did get rid of your enemy.

Your hacking mainly changes the properties of and creates objects. To heal someone, you'd probably just create a chunk of flesh, bone, organ, and skin and then integrate it with the person you're healing. I think I'll treat object synthesis, modification, and healing/repair as different skills.

Also, there's no "level design section of the code". The simulation is a perfect (but mutable) simulation of physics. Basically, instead of simulating objects and characters, it simulates the most basic physical laws knowable. Everything above that level comes about as a result. What you do when you "hack" the universe is create either matter or energy to your exact specifications. By doing that, you can control the more complex properties of things.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:09 pm »

Have a waiting list?

If so,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 05:15:30 pm »

I'll add new players as soon as we go to another area. Remember that event I said would happen and if you don't get healing skills by that time there's a good chance someone's going to die? Right after that we go to another area.

EDIT:Waiting for ExKirby's action.

DF2010 is making my computer shoot flames. I'm serious, I've never seen a machine get this hot.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:37:51 pm by Schilcote »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 05:29:26 pm »

Hmm, an interesting explanation.

Hack together a cadaver to practice medicine on.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 08:39:05 pm »

Abeo must be smiling on you guys at the moment or something. ALL 5s and6s. ALL. Not one roll below 5.

EDIT:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Sensei:6

Allowing other pepole to attempt their not actually that dangerous schemes, you contemplate chess. Deeply. Perhaps too deeply, you're asleep! A voice echos inside your head, loud and jovial, like Santa Claus. "Chess you say, mortal? The game of kings! Fancy a game with old Risus? Being a god gets boring after a while..." Even with the proper spectacles equipped (at least you think they were the right ones...), the computer god of games beats you handily, but you still have fun, and learn some Chess Tactics along the way. "As for providing light..." the voice echos... You open your eyes to see that you are Glowing. Woah.

inteuniso: 5 (exposition exposition!)

"Hey Vas, could you shine that woah what the f**k". Vas now casting ample light for exploration, you search the area thoroughly. You find a brick, a metal ramp that's far to steep to climb, some shattered glass shards that Frelock must've taken with him going through the window, and a piece of paper labeled ZORK owner's manual. You see the exact text you expected to see, but on the back... the text is mostly illegible but at the bottom of the paper the words "HE WAITS" are larger than the rest and clearly legible. The text appears to be written in blood. Woah.

Frelock: 6

You mentally prepare yourself for your task, and start up your compiler and reality hacker. A voice echos inside your mind, an odd, mechanical sounding one. The voice seems to have some trouble arranging it's syllables properly. "A bit of... re-al-i-ty hacking? Ha. Ha. Ha. Let Cer-tusss... help (heh) you with... thhh...at..." Suddenly, you feel a strange euphoria! You look at the space around you, and then at your holographic screens. Everything becomes clear, and you set to work, cleanly decapitating and dismembering a seedy-looking individual with a bag and bad intentions and floating the components to your proximity. You put the man back together flawlessly, then rip him apart again into ever smaller pieces until you've disassembled him organ by organ. Still not satisfied, you then resolve to create some of the organs from scratch. After doing this, you begin to think of ways you could change the being... a little extra carbon bond here, perhaps a slightly faster metabolism?
An extra bone, an extra limb... soon you have nothing but an amorphous blob of organic material in front of you, and Proficient-level synthesis, modification, and healing/repair. Woah.

tehstefan: 5

The guy with the lamp isn't doing much... and now he's started glowing. Still not doing much that's interesting though. Instead, you check your gun for ammunition and follow the man in red for a while. He peers cautiously around the doorway to the room to the north of the room where Vas is, and motions for you to look... woah...

ExKirby(GM'd): 5

You decide to go on a little recon mission. The sharpshooter joins you. You find an extremely deep chasm to the south, as well as a small art gallery with a large, beautiful painting. You head back to the main cellar and peer around the doorway to the room to the north... woah...

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the Cellar.

Proficient in modifying, healing, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification & healing and +1 to synthesis at short range)

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword (glowing light blue). In the Cellar.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the Cellar.

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the Cellar.

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope. In the Cellar. Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:45:58 pm by Schilcote »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73