Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Streaming  (Read 2571 times)

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
Streaming
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:34:27 pm »

Has anyone found a successful way to stream dwarf fortress without it killing the FPS down to around 20 from 200. I currently am trying to use procaster but the fps drops to almost unplayable levels. If anyone knows a working way to stream the game without it lagging to hell please let me know it would be very much appreciated.
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 07:32:37 pm »

I cant say I've ever actually tried to stream DF, but Manycam is relatively light weight and might be what you're looking for.
http://www.manycam.com/
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 07:43:51 pm »

The problem, I fear, is really with Procaster.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:59:55 pm »

Oh sweet. Manycam worked when paired with u-stream. Thank you. =) Also I was trying to prevent some elf traders from entering my fortress but wasn't ready when they arrived and they desecrated my amazing fortress. In response to this I cleansed my fortress of the dirty elf's by breaching my magma vent and flooding the entire thing. All while streaming to a few friends.
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.