Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Invisible Man  (Read 825 times)

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Invisible Man
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:33:27 pm »

No not the comic book character,the eternally subservient victim of race superiority and flat out prejudice in the aptly titled novel "The Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison. I have been assigned to make a presentation on a theme of the book, and I have absolutely no clue what to do it on. Further complicating matters is that tomorrow is the due date. So now I ask of you fellow B12ers, do you have any ideas for what to make this about?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Invisible Man
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:23:35 am »

Were you assigned this long enough ago that you could have read the book before doing the assignment?

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:18:30 pm »

I've read the book multiple times, I am just not sure what exactly to do the presentation on. The novel is like one big mindfuck and I am still trying to wrap my head around its various nuances.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21:48 am »

Do the presentation on the Communists, and their love/hate relationship with African-Americans, including how those lovable Commies decided that the best way to get new recruits is to let some African-American cult start a riot in Harlem...

Not sure if that's really a theme you're looking for, but I really enjoyed how the organization outwardly dedicated to ending racial inequality was actually prospering from said racial inequality.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.