Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Want a job as a transportation engineer? Look no further than dim butte!  (Read 3284 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Yes, gametable would be perfect for this. You should see about developing the rules for use with gametable and then running a few sessions.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Does it support 3D (Z-levels), games lasting months with players coming and going at any time during without a host server?
Eh?
Eh!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Well, it's true that it can't exactly do that(though I could think of work-arounds), but your going to have to either just go with it and adapt accordingly or let this thing stay on the backburner for several months until it cultivates various molds and someone tries to cook a new batch.

...  I think I went a little too far with that analogy...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

SCIENCE!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

If you're planning to have games last several months on an efficient system like Gametable, and you try it here, games will take longer than you will live.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm considering months because of time zones and procrastination limiting updates to at most once a day.

Or, months because that is how long it would take to organize a time when everybody is available to play for a few hours.

Or, how long it would take to gether a good group of interested players in the same time zone.
Eh?
Eh!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I think you might be seeing lower interest because it looks pretty much exactly like the standard "connect the pipes" flash game, except it takes days to get a level competed and there are no bleeps and bloops.

A larger map might help.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was under the impression that the initial phases would be slower then the later phases, as we're just setting up the initial facility right now, and will get into more Fun parts later. Using shotguns.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, later you *will* be able to RTD/RP(I'll have a vote for the RP style to be used) your way through, if I ever can make myself update enough to reach that point. Also, non-players may be recruited to become players in such a case.
Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

All right.
In any case, how do we play (using "we" for convenience, since I'm not playing yet)? Do we all have to unanimously agree on a design? Do we submit several and vote on them? Only one design has been submitted so far...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm just going to wait for vague agreement(mostly because it covers up the fact that I should have updated already), and then try to figure out how to proceed to my intended end-goal. level of gameplay.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 2 [3]