Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What makes Dwarf Fortress so awesome?  (Read 36898 times)

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What makes Dwarf Fortress so awesome?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 12:17:27 pm »

When it gets to easy, I can mod it to make it harder. Tried Dig Deeper for a while, then Civilization Forge Unleashed, than added Dig Deeper orcs to Civ Unleashed. When that got too easy, I made the orcs faster and bigger.

speaking of which anybody know how to crank up spawn rates for megabeasts?
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »

I just pumped magma into the ocean and made a giant island in the middle of it. The plan is to make it into a fortress, then rig it up to a single support and collapse it like Atlantis. What other game can you do that in?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »

"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Need anymore be said?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 06:56:33 am »

You lot should read glazedcoast on broken forum. I may go so far as to say it is better than boatmurdered
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]