Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Adventure Mode Features for DF2010  (Read 3029 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Adventure Mode Features for DF2010
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 05:55:32 pm »

Adventurers able to use fort-mode skills.

!!!! \o/

I can finally do a proper Hermit Fortress? ♥
Oh, turns out it is for the release AFTER the 2010 one. Sorry. But now that you mentioned Hermit Fortress...
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

# Goblin society is more violent than ever. They respect those with power, and demons will be forced to kill for their loyalty. Other goblins, however, can do the same

* Goblins obtain their structure over the course of world generation. For instance, demons are not hardcoded as leaders, and must earn their position

Yeah I'm gonna become a goblin king.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 01:31:34 am »

The material rewrite. I might be able to survive two seconds in a fight against a pack of wolves now!
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 02:36:14 am »

The material rewrite. I might be able to survive two seconds in a fight against a pack of wolves now!

Yes but the new damage system means that even if all their little attacks cant do any immediate damage they may heap up and just drop you under the sheer amount of attacks  :o

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 04:31:17 pm »

# Goblin society is more violent than ever. They respect those with power, and demons will be forced to kill for their loyalty. Other goblins, however, can do the same

* Goblins obtain their structure over the course of world generation. For instance, demons are not hardcoded as leaders, and must earn their position

You might say you are destined to wear the jeweled crown of Goblinia upon a troubled brow?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 04:38:17 pm »

You might say you are destined to wear the jeweled crown of Goblinia upon a troubled brow?
I wonder if ,as king , I will be able to influence the name of my kingdom.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »

I'm really looking forward to crafting in adventure mode, if only so I have something to do with all those stupid wolf corpses.  I'd like the ability to make specific deco too, like choosing a certain image or a specific style of encrusting (hanging rings, spikes, etc)

I'd like it too if the encrusting actually had some effect, like a morale bonus or penalty or something.. like say you're wearing poor quality armor with menacing spikes of soggy bread, intelligent enemies should point and laugh and get a bonus in combat against you. But, if you were fighting a demon, wearing armor encrusted with menacing spikes of some metal the demon likes, with images of humans, dwarves, and elves killing demons, laughing at cowering demons, etc, the demon should be at least a little unnerved and you could get a bonus in combat against it. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 08:37:13 pm »

I'm really looking forward to crafting in adventure mode, if only so I have something to do with all those stupid wolf corpses.  I'd like the ability to make specific deco too, like choosing a certain image or a specific style of encrusting (hanging rings, spikes, etc)

I'd like it too if the encrusting actually had some effect, like a morale bonus or penalty or something.. like say you're wearing poor quality armor with menacing spikes of soggy bread, intelligent enemies should point and laugh and get a bonus in combat against you. But, if you were fighting a demon, wearing armor encrusted with menacing spikes of some metal the demon likes, with images of humans, dwarves, and elves killing demons, laughing at cowering demons, etc, the demon should be at least a little unnerved and you could get a bonus in combat against it. :D
from what I got from this thread the only changes effecting adventure mode is the ability to be a pirate and there will be hospitals everywhere to raid for eyepatches, hooks, peg legs for stumpy! other than that nothing cool unless you like pirates then horray.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »

I'm not sure why, I could be doing something wrong, but sneaking appears to be broken in this version. I took the time to train a character to professional ambusher, but hostile creatures can always see me from any distance. I've tested in low-light environments (night, caves) and it's the same; sneaking does nothing except slow me down.

Worth noting is that I don't ever get the 'you have been spotted' announcement anymore either.

Edit: Just noticed I'm getting the blinking 'Mortal Wound' status erroneously as well... trouble breathing and heavy bruising is not fatal. I'm getting occasionally winded, but apart from that I'm absolutely fine...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:03:57 pm by !!Zombie Carp!! »
[pizza=omnomnom]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:23 pm »

I'm not sure why, I could be doing something wrong, but sneaking appears to be broken in this version. I took the time to train a character to professional ambusher, but hostile creatures can always see me from any distance. I've tested in low-light environments (night, caves) and it's the same; sneaking does nothing except slow me down.

Worth noting is that I don't ever get the 'you have been spotted' announcement anymore either.

Edit: Just noticed I'm getting the blinking 'Mortal Wound' status erroneously as well... trouble breathing and heavy bruising is not fatal. I'm getting occasionally winded, but apart from that I'm absolutely fine...
Is this before sneaking? if it is then it make sense for creatures to find you when they can hear your location.

I think 31.01 pretty much made adventure mode moot with the arena add on still I don't know if someone killed their way up to a gobbo fort as king yet.
"body swapping and YOU!"

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »

Regardless whether I entered the zone sneaking, or just stared after ducking behind a tree or something, I'm still completely visible.

Edit: Just checked out arena mode. You're talking out of your ass, to put it bluntly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:39:42 pm by !!Zombie Carp!! »
[pizza=omnomnom]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 12:34:59 am »

Regardless whether I entered the zone sneaking, or just stared after ducking behind a tree or something, I'm still completely visible.

Edit: Just checked out arena mode. You're talking out of your ass, to put it bluntly.
played both versions adventurer mode seems to be the one that still plays like in 40d (run around in a random sand box world to kill things, burn plants, and grab loot retire or die) only now the damage is changed. the only thing I hope from this for adventure mode is the goblin fort king feat since they don't mind offing a few members and love a man/woman in power.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »

New underground features- Are- EPIC.
Pages: 1 [2]