Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 55644 times)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »

Sorry to hear that Huggz. I suppose I'll take another turn. Do you have any preferences on which dwarf you want?

Also, I signed up for a turn in the fourth week, but go ahead and postpone me into the fifth week.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2010, 01:13:18 pm »

Preferably omeone in the army :P
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2010, 02:05:36 pm »

Preferably omeone in the army :P

Done. I gave you a siege engineer.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2010, 02:24:57 pm »

The fight between the goblin/troll army and the bronze colossus is going slowly. They've managed to almost entirely disable the colossus, while it's only killed one troll. I guess they'll be out there for a long time.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2010, 03:09:18 pm »

I had the game running for about 23 hours on my laptop, and I only just got through a year.  Would come back every 20 or so minutes and setup a new set of pumps.  If it wasn't for all those interruptions we would have had a magma death machine already.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »

Yea, it's running pretty slowly: 8 FPS

Slowly getting things done. All the goblins have left, and the bronze colossus has taken to chasing the last few trolls around. At some point he got a lot more dangerous. For quite a while he didn't kill any of the combatants, but he after a while he managed to kill half a dozen or so of them, so they ran away.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »

Heh, I've been working steadily on the pump tower, ignoring the battle outside, and when I finally do go back to look, the bronze colossus has gotten himself caught in one of the cage traps out in the middle of the field. That just leaves a single troll.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2010, 04:36:24 pm »

So, we sallied forth into the glare of the daystar to rid ourselves of the last of the invaders, a single troll. I was the one dual-wielding battle axes. Huggz, you brought a hunk of cow cheese. As we were marshaling in front of the gates, you decided to take it back inside to a stockpile. We waited for you though, and soon charged into the field against our foe. About half way across the field of battle, I realized that it was past my bedtime and so went to go lie down. The rest of you weren't fast enough to properly engage the enemy, who kept dodging your attacks and then outdistancing you by many urists. Back and forth across the fields our valiant militia chased the hideous troll, until several days later and through no fault of our own, it was caught in one of the cage traps above the entrance to the fort. A great cheer echoed through the halls and down the great staircase, each dwarf taking it up in turn to spread the news. In we rushed, for hunting trolls is thirsty work, and this is as good an excuse as any to throw a party.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2010, 04:56:31 pm »

So, we sallied forth into the glare of the daystar to rid ourselves of the last of the invaders, a single troll. I was the one dual-wielding battle axes. Huggz, you brought a hunk of cow cheese. As we were marshaling in front of the gates, you decided to take it back inside to a stockpile. We waited for you though, and soon charged into the field against our foe. About half way across the field of battle, I realized that it was past my bedtime and so went to go lie down. The rest of you weren't fast enough to properly engage the enemy, who kept dodging your attacks and then outdistancing you by many heisenburgs. Back and forth across the fields our valiant militia chased the hideous troll, until several days later and through no fault of our own, it was caught in one of the cage traps above the entrance to the fort. A great cheer echoed through the halls and down the great staircase, each dwarf taking it up in turn to spread the news. In we rushed, for hunting trolls is thirsty work, and this is as good an excuse as any to throw a party.
Fixed.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2010, 05:28:30 pm »

:)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2010, 05:58:27 pm »

Heh, I've been working steadily on the pump tower, ignoring the battle outside, and when I finally do go back to look, the bronze colossus has gotten himself caught in one of the cage traps out in the middle of the field. That just leaves a single troll.

Yes. 

Does anyone know if these jerks are killable in 31.03?  We may have to experiment with a several hundred z-level drop if no one has done that kind of science to them yet.

Slowly getting things done. All the goblins have left, and the bronze colossus has taken to chasing the last few trolls around. At some point he got a lot more dangerous. For quite a while he didn't kill any of the combatants, but he after a while he managed to kill half a dozen or so of them, so they ran away.

It seems like all the units level up with experience, not just the good guys.  I can't support this with facts, but that's been my experience so far.
At last, she is done.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »

I've heard colossi are more dangerous without hands or feet, as well.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2010, 07:27:25 pm »

I've heard colossi are more dangerous without hands or feet, as well.

Hah, that's actually pretty hilarious. I believe the only thing not broken and red are his left hand and foot. 50% dangerous?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:52 am »

Well, we had been making such good progress. The forgotten beast Sospin got in somehow. He didn't pop like the last forgotten beast made of water. Instead, he squished 8 dwarves before I managed to get the militia sorted out. I finally got one squad to follow orders (dead militia captains, grr) and they met him in the barracks. Burnt, you and I died, along with 10 other dwarves. The Beast's two tails have been lopped off, but he keeps bumping into us, occasionally crushing our skulls in the process.

The really bad thing is that I have no idea how he got inside. He first started causing trouble all the way down in the magma forge area. It's possible he slipped past the fight between Cuthabe and the giant eagles and didn't encounter anyone on the stairs on the way down, but I'm not sure. I had already finished closing up the exposed aerial route in via the second cavern, and anyway I don't think he can fly.

I'm going to take a break and then revert to my save from a few hours ago.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:58 am »

Ouch, I thought I had sealed that off.  Must have missed something.

Although I guess its good that the eagles are still alive and kicking.  Those are some badass birds to take on tangling with a steam blob for eternity.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28