Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56235 times)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:41 am »

Just so you all know, I won't be starting my turn right on time. I have some stuff to do, then I need to sleep. No passing me though, because I will be taking my turn. And by the sounds of things I'll be designing a few death corridors, like the one in my sig'd fortress. VERY effective.

BTW, what do we want done with the magma? Do we just want a furnace area closer to the rest of the fortress, or some sort of boatmurdered-esque surface doomsday weapon too?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2010, 03:19:29 am »

DOOMSDAY

FIRST AND FINAL SOLUTION TO ANY AND EVERYTHING HOSTILE.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:22:26 am by n00bs4uce »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2010, 05:54:06 am »

I thought the first answer was the brand new Bronze Colossus we have caged up?  Why drown the map when maiming will work?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2010, 08:59:46 am »

Does anyone know if these jerks are killable in 31.03?  We may have to experiment with a several hundred z-level drop if no one has done that kind of science to them yet.

We also have lots of magma. I'm sure we can figure something out. :)

Just so you all know, I won't be starting my turn right on time. I have some stuff to do, then I need to sleep. No passing me though, because I will be taking my turn. And by the sounds of things I'll be designing a few death corridors, like the one in my sig'd fortress. VERY effective.

Whew. I overslept, so that's good. You didn't say how long you would be, so I'm going to guess that it'll be more than three or four hours, or you wouldn't have mentioned it. If you don't mind, I'm going to take a little more time. Just give me a holler when you're ready, if I haven't already posted it.

BTW, what do we want done with the magma? Do we just want a furnace area closer to the rest of the fortress, or some sort of boatmurdered-esque surface doomsday weapon too?

A forge area inside the main fortress would be very welcome; there's currently quite a lot of walking back and forth (or up and down) to the current set of forges.

Obviously we'll want a doomsday weapon of some sort in addition.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2010, 04:16:18 pm »

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of Graebeard Ferncraft the dwarf and dwarves by Momuz Ushrirkudst. The dwarves are refusing Graebeard Ferncraft. Graebeard Ferncraft looks dejected. The artwork relates to the removal of the dwarf Graebeard Ferncraft from the position of militia captain of The Labyrinthine Helm in the midwinter of 1057.

Sorry dude. :D

There's one of Barbarossa weeping and another Demon Spoon looking confused, too. :)

Also, one of me admiring a crossbow, which is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:50:20 pm by db48x »

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »

w00t keep it up lads.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »

k, I'm up. Save file me!

EDIT: He's offline! The fiend!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:36:30 pm by Samoorai »

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2010, 06:47:07 pm »

Sure thing, be just a moment...

Save.

If there's no waterfall down the main staircase, then I've screwed it up again. Please let me know...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:52:29 pm by db48x »

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »

I decided to do a mini-megaproject for my turn. Because we have 30+ dwarves in the infirmary with the plague, we're going to have a lot of deaths at some point in the future. To help cope with the resulting blow to morale, I decided that everyone needed to walk through a waterfall from time to time. I've set up some pumps inside the surface fortifications to bring water up two heisenburgs, which a sluice-way carries over to the central stairway and down into four vertical colums, evenly spaced around the interior portion of the stairwell. This should give a good distribution of soothing, calming mist that will dampen any future mood swings (hur hur).

Thank you, Samoorai, for letting me know that you wouldn't be starting right away. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to finish the waterfall. In fact, the dwarves had only just finished moving the excavated gems out of the drain, so it's only been running for a few game days, about 45 minutes or so. The water hasn't even reached the end of the drain. :)

In other respects the fortress progressed slowly but steadily along the lines set by my forebears. A fair number of new pumps have been installed in the pump tower (although I did not meet my goal of joining up the two sections), and walls have been built on every floor that has a pump so as to prevent leaks.

After dealing with the previous invasion by cunningly trapping the colossus in a cage, we were able to clear some of the litter from the surface. However, this didn't leave much labor for other, more important jobs, so much of it is still out there.

I sold the dwarven caravan animals, and bought gems, wood and stone blocks. We don't really need much of those, but it was a good opportunity to get rid of a bunch of caged animals, which is a good thing.

We're currently under siege. I attempted to drown a number of the goblins by flooding the entrance, only to discover that some idiot had built the outer bridge incorrectly, with the result that most of the water escaped into the open field, and nobody actually drowned. Someone will need to be flogged. Three or four of the goblins managed to get into the depot area just before the bridge there was raised, but we were waiting in readiness for such an occasion and dispatched them quite quickly. If it weren't for the bowgoblins out there, we would just march out and stomp all over them, rather than stay inside.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:08:54 pm by db48x »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »

Samoorai's spirit drifted in the ether. Having been struck down by a lowly disease before his grand design was completed, his spirit was unable to rest easy. After several years of searching, he finally managed to push his way back to his home, Sparkgear. Mind you, he'd come across 9 others somehow. As he emerged back into the real world he looked around, hoping to see his mighty construction completed. Instead, he was greeted with chaos. This would not do. he immediately began searching for a dwarf suitable enough for him to possess...

FOUND HIM!

Stukos Udibamal has been possessed!
Stukos Udibamal has changed his title to Vessel of Samoorai!

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2010, 08:18:55 pm »

Okay, seriously, this place is messed up. I actually considering flooding the whole place with magma, including the fortress. Why would we ever need 218 crutches? The 348 animals aren't helping at all either.

Although, if I did fill the fortress with magma, I could also put in a system to drain it for the reclaim team. Floodgate into the lower cavern, lever on the surface, and voila, one holy cleansing of Armok!

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »

I put it to a vote. Do I fill the fortress/rest of world with magma, killing everything, and allowing a reclaim team to come, pull a lever, and watch the magma slowly drain out? Or do we try and continue on with this horrid diseased mess, with nearly 4 times as many animals as dwarves, and probably more captive goblins and trolls than dwarves too?

BTW, saw another thread on here suggesting the plague might have been started by demon blood.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:48 pm »

db48x added on the 23rd. Sorry for not posting very often in the past few days, been busy with Track.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2010, 09:25:04 pm »

I'd guess most of the random crap and animals are from the slaughtered caravans.

In keeping with my character, I must endorse the cleansing fire.  Just be sure not to accidentally flood the underground caverns with magma as they would probably take years and years to fill.  Don't forget the well shaft.
At last, she is done.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28