Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56290 times)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 07:58:22 am »

...umm, have we started?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 08:28:13 am »

I have, currently in the summer of second year. Gah, lots of bugs. There seems to be some sort of problem with dwarves not doing any jobs when they get near channeled out ground or constructed floors. Can't weave thread into cloth, but I think I worked that one out, I think it  is because of new hospital feature. Not to mention how dwarves don't seem to get stats anymore.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:43:14 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 08:53:50 am »

I must've forgotten it. Shuffling everyone who didn't claim an exact date downward.

Also, that could easily be attributed to the fact that only one of the dwarves has skills, and very few of them, to help him be a good squad leader for the military.

EDIT: Don't deconstruct workshops or the fortress shall be sucked into the void!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:33:07 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 10:42:01 am »

Could I sign up for, eh, the 13th? The 13th sounds good to me. I can be flexible, though. :D
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:13 am »

Chaoseed added.

@DS- tell us when ye got magma, alright?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 11:52:55 am »

Mm? I'm not going near the magma. I'll leave that to you guys, I've gone a good part of the way though.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

Um, Barb? I called monday the 5th and you shuffled me onto wednesday.

Deconstructing workshops is bugged too?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 01:10:42 pm »

I'm not having any problems with workshops? Execpt the craftsdwarf one that keeps wanting me to use 'unkown materials' to make stuff. Will soon upload my turn.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

There we go. I hope everyone's happy with what they got, because not having exact dates for most people makes things hard to manage.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 02:38:08 pm »

Map before

Map after

Save

Sparkgear 10: The founding

We seven have arrived at this place. Here we shall build the greatest of fortresses, Sparkgear Devourer of Birds! Let us quickly build lodgings ere the giant jaguars and giant eagles get hungry. Strike the Earth!

Bah, once again it is up to the members of the great Demonic Spoon Clan to lay down the foundations of the great fortresses. If it weren't for us there would be many more dead dwarves in the annals of history, or less depending on how you look at it.

Quickly I took command and grabbed our only pick to being carving out the future mountainhome of The Crimson Boot of Spells. I ordered the rest to start clearcutting the local forest and gather up the local vegetation for food. They obeyed my order, though they were reluctant and threw many fearful glances at a giant eagle that was soaring nearby.

One good thing about this savage place is that one of the most valuable of aboveground plants can be found here. Whip vines. Our gatherers found them in great quantities and they shall be a boon to our food stocks. I have also ordered some workshops set up outside the entrance until proper workshops spaces can be dug out. I ordered one of the dwarves to start cranking out mechanisms and another hatches and doors. I have started digging out the farm spaces and will dig a tunnel to the nearby murky pools for irrigation of the farm plots.

Summer already, time is just flying by. Progress is slow but steady. Also we received migrants, Things were tight there for a while with our food stocks since our farms had not been entirely completed yet but we managed with a bit of vermin hunting while we waited for the plump helmets to grow.

What!? One of the migrants, a woodcrafter named Mosus seems to have gone a bit crazy! He ran into our craftdwarfs workshop and refused to come out. He kept throwing out sketches of various items. We decided to humour him and procure these items, perhaps he will make something worthwhile.

He has completed his great work, Scribbleblind the Slivers of Scorn, a highwood figurine of one of our past kings! This will indeed please the crown and bring their favour to our fortress. Armok smiles upon our fortress.

I am a bit ashamed to admit I have lost track of time a bit. The fortress has begun in proper and things are going well. I and one of the migrants who is a miner have started mining out a great staircase, that shall reach to the heavens and pierce the very earth itself. It shall be glorious.

What?! We have discovered some sort of large underground cavern system! This will complicate our plans somewhat. It seems that there is underground plantlife here and a large lake, so at least something good came out of this. The underground plants will spread there spores around, allowing us to set up elaborate underground tree farms and we can make a well over the lake for medical needs.

Spring, and the elves came. And with such wonders! Grizzly bears and giant eagles, wolves and deer! I decided to liberate these poor creatures from the vile elves, and some other stuff besides. We couldn't afford to trade anyway. I shall set up some kennels for these animals for breeding purposes. Also on the subject of animals, we now have a large number of cows, excellent for milking and cheesmaking.

Mmm, another one? Oh well, let's see what he makes.

Not the most impressive of artifacts but at least we got a legendary clothier out of the bargain.

I have ordered a hospital dug out and our irrigation system expanded. We shall feed it form the brook as the rain does not fill up the murky pools fast enough.

There were some close moments with a giant jaguar during the construction of the irrigation system but no casualties. Also, our migrant miner friend has just proven his stupidity to me. He was ordered to dig a shaft to the underground lake for well. He did this, he however, channeled out the ground beneath his very own feet to complete the shaft and fell around 5 to 6 urists to the bottom of the lake, seriously injuring his liver and one of his floating ribs. Fortunately we were able to rescue him before any nasty beasties showed up and he is currently bedridden in the hospital he helped dig out. Idiot.

The bloodstains from his wounds after he fell into the lake:

The new irrigation system is complete and currently in it's first test run. After reviewing the blueprints I noticed that it might also serve as a fortress defense system and ordered a secondary tunnel that bypassed the farms dug out so that the entrance could be flooded without flooding the farms.

The secondary tunnel is not yet dug in these images.

Hah! They think they don't need me anymore now that I have completed the basics of the fortress. The fools! They will pay for this outrage, but not now. I must bide my time for at the moment as I can do little to exact my revenge against them for disposing me. But I shall have my revenge, even if it takes the rest of my life and kills every dwarf in this place.

Summary:

We have:

A dining room
Bedrooms, but not enough
We are set on the food side of things for now but you might want to start growing some food. Currently all plots are fallow for all seasons.
We have a complex irrigation system. I clearly labelled the levers and what they do. The levers are located on the bedroom level.
A hospital.

We need:

More bedrooms.
Military.
Magma.(There is always magma near the bottom of the map in the new version)
Trading goods.
A forge for our fey metalcrafter.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:35:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2010, 02:46:07 pm »

You know that you have around 16 hours left to play, right? Turn changes happen at 12:00(Noon) GMT.

Also, good job on the founding! I think you may have misplaced the breeding pair of donkeys I packed, judging by the kennels POI. (Is there donkey milk?)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:49:27 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:24 pm »

You know that you have around 16 hours left to play, right? Turn changes happen at 12:00(Noon) GMT.

Also, good job on the founding! I think you may have misplaced the breeding pair of donkeys I packed, judging by the kennels POI. (Is there donkey milk?)

There might be that much time left according to you but I need to sleep now.  :P Also there was some donkey milk, but I dislike donkeys and butchered them after a few milkings. Cows are the way to go man. Modvalue of 2 unless that's changed in the new version, I should check.Unless I'm missing something it seems that they no longer have the modvalue, I still like them more than donkeys though. And thanks!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:56:32 pm by Demonic Spoon »

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2010, 08:27:20 pm »

Monday April 12th please.
always wanted to be involved in one of these.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »

Duly noted. Skaltum, feel free to start, as DS isn't taking the rest of his turn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010, 10:55:33 pm »

Oh great God of Seals, might I reiterate my request for a position?  The 14th would be the best out of the last two spots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28