Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56065 times)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2010, 01:40:07 am »

Down to 19 out of 91 healthies, of which 5 are little dwarflings. Those left are working hard to finish the magma pumps.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2010, 02:09:59 am »

Operation FUCK EVERYTHING is well underway.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2010, 02:15:07 am »

Oddly enough, we just got 8 immigrants. Idiots. That would probably put construction back on track, if a forgotten beast hadn't gotten in through the lower forge irrigation system. Sospin, a blob of water with two tails. He's currently destroying everything in the lower forge. I've sent our entire military (all 2 of them) to deal with him.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2010, 02:17:23 am »

He should probably promptly pop upon combat entry if he's made of water.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2010, 02:19:03 am »

SON OF A BITCH! He just destroyed the second bottom pump stack, which destroyed EVERY SINGLE PUMP ABOVE IT! SON OF A BITCH!!!

Okay, not every single pump. For some reason there was an unconstructed pump somewhere in the stack, which caused an interrupt in the destruction chain. So while not all is lost, it's still a GIGANTIC set back.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:28:30 am by Samoorai »

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2010, 02:55:14 am »

Forgotten Beast: Hey Guys. How y'all doing? It's been a while since I've seen such lively little guys and gals, woke me up.

Samoorai: Go away, we're busy.

Forgotten Beast: Oh don't mind me. I'll stay out of the way. I think I'll just go stroll around and introduce myself to everyone.

Samoorai: No, Fuck You. Go away. There's nobody to introduce yourself, at least soon there won't be.....

Forgotten Beast: Oh don't be such a sour puss...........hey what's this big tower of thingamajigs

Samoorai: Get away from that, NO DON'T TOU-

Forgotten Beast: Hey what's this do?

*crash*

Samoorai: AAARRRGGGGGUUUUUAAHAHHUHAFUUUUCCKKKING HELL

Forgotten Beast: Oopsy, my bad.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:46 am »

I've got three dwarves fighting it now, and every hit results in "breaking away the rest of the tissue!" It ain't dying though. And of course because of it's location I can't rebuild the pump stack.

On a lighter note, Gamegreen got sick of the smell of dying dwarves in the hospital. She (dwarf gender at least) has gone beserk and is now wailing on all the other infected dwarves.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2010, 03:07:53 am »

On a lighter note, Gamegreen got sick of the smell of dying dwarves in the hospital. She (dwarf gender at least) has gone beserk and is now wailing on all the other infected dwarves.

EL
OH
EL

I think her killing may force the fort into a good 'ol fashioned tantrum spiral.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2010, 03:31:05 am »

Okay, things are officially screwed now. Because of the pump stack destruction, not only is it now impossible to flood the fortress with magma, the magma pump system will be ruined if I flood it with water. The forgotten beast can't be killed (shock!) but it CAN kill our remaining military. Those frigging elves have decided that the best way to leave the fort was to waltz through the now 7 page long blood and pus piles and through our mostly drained (and no longer blue) moat. The moat that is used to irrigate the farms. We can't even rely on gamegreen to cause a spiral, because she's too weak to do damage to an bedridden plague dwarf. And to top it all off, I haven't saved at all since I started playing, so if I save scum I'm going WAY back.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2010, 04:22:57 am »

And to top it all off, another siege has arrived. So I put it to another vote. Let them in and hasten our doom? Or seal us off and let our rotting flesh fester until we go mad from the stench?

19 out of 81 left, 4 children
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:26:07 am by Samoorai »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2010, 05:23:52 am »

Well, that was a tad epic. db48x, the self titled "badass" seems to have actually earned that title. As soon as the siege came I ordered the inner drawbridge to be raised. The false mayor erith, who has somehow avoided the plague, decided he would pull the lever. Of course, he was somewhere near the magma forge level. While his fat, delusional ass plodded up the stairs, I ordered db48x, our only surviving military dwarf, to guard the entrance. Though he was still wounded from his failed fight with Sospin, he took up the line. The first few gobbos actually turned back once they saw him. Only once the hammer lord marched forward did the others find the courage to face our "badass". db48x promptly blocked the hammer lord's strike and lopped off the gobbo's arm. Literally, that's what happened. Around 6 goblins made it past the bridge before it was raised, but db48x took care of them too. A cat and a horse died, but the fortress is secure, for now at least. I'll keep it running, since my turn's almost up.

BTW, a human caravan arrived right before the siege, so they're pretty much doomed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:26:01 am by Samoorai »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2010, 05:31:24 am »

I was wrong, we're not secure. Trolls got in through the depleted moat and smashed through the floodgates. Time for squishy doom.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:28 am »

K, I'm done. 10 healthy adults and 5 healthy children out of 53, and down to 221 animals. Our resident badass is now an axelord, and there's 2-3 squads of swordgobs trapped in the entrance. Once the windmill is rebuilt (again! wall it off once it's done) and the moat refilled, downing goblin goodness can ensue. Sospin's still hanging around the bottom level. I think he's trying to destroy the artifact bed down there. All in all, my turn kinda sucked. Many many deaths, and negative progress on the pump stack. Note to others, build them one at a time! I suggest two options: Wait for disease to claim everyone, or let the gobbos in to finish everyone off. Then Barb can reclaim on his go!

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2134

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2010, 09:50:40 am »

New sig thanks noobs4sauce

Epic Sparkgear!, samoorai yor turn has so far been the funniest

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2010, 11:37:29 am »

Wow. I didn't suspect he was that badass.

There were only 30 dwarves sick when I ended my turn. Two-thirds of the fortress was healthy, or at least asymptomatic.

As for Sospin, he's the reason I had to revert during my turn. Luckily, I only lost a few hours. It's simply not true that all water-based forgotten beasts pop on contact.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28