Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 56153 times)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2010, 01:24:56 pm »

The fort is in a pretty dire situation now. There are corpses of dead dwarves, goblins, trolls and domesticated animals everywhere. They never built the new coffins in the newly dug tombs (we forgot to extend the 'stay inside' burrow to encompass them, oops).

I guess all that's left to do is to send 'db48x' The Badass back into battle and see how many he can kill before he is overwhelmed, then reclaim the fort.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »

I've uploaded it to DFMA. If I've left any points of interest unmarked, feel free to add them.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2010, 03:31:30 pm »

Reclaim is going to be hell.  Just imagine all the crap that will be strewn about for the return party.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2010, 08:02:59 pm »

I guess LordSlowPoke is MIA

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2010, 06:50:35 am »

Looks like Barb gets to play the downfall and possible reclaim. Lesson for next time: If a demon comes, kill it very far away, then forbid all it's gear and it's corpse and restrict traffic all around it. Burn if possible.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2010, 12:25:25 pm »

Downloading. I'm just going to reclaim this.

I'm going to see if I can't purge the landscape via extreme violence.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2010, 12:42:28 pm »

Yeah, you can count me as MIA. Cavebrands and it's invictible goblins (tm) have me in for the today or tomorrow at the very least.. Can I get 24'th?

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2010, 01:08:38 pm »

I vote for the goal of the Reclaim to be to complete the magma works and rid Sparkgear and it's plague from the world.

A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »

hey barbeque wheres mah updaete?  ;)
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2010, 03:22:15 pm »

This is hilarious. Awesome Sparkgear is awesome. And I will take the fortress down with me!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2010, 04:23:36 pm »

I finally got the save to work. The fortress crumbled to its end when the besiegers found a way in and started hacking up the dying folks. While the few people that were rotting in their rooms starved to death, all of the goblins began to rot in place.

A bold new party of adventurers shall reclaim this land! Actual story post coming soon!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2010, 04:37:18 pm »

for the next one i recomend the genisis mod. it's a nasty peice of work with coal lung diseases. poisons from wyverns etc and more stuff for the neighbors yard XD

awww shame about the fort C'MON BARB! this isn't your normal run. where private ryan!? and DS i sense a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »

Story will come later, have no worries, skaltum.

One question; shall I reclaim as the small group of people who survived fleeing elsewhere, or shall I try (for the eighth time) to reclaim the fort? Every time I reclaim, I end up dead within six days. Through adventure mode, I've been able to get a few artifacts out to a nearby town.

One more; document the exploits of the seven survivors who got out, or rot apart in six days?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »

Quick story update before I move on to stage two.

The horrors of Sparkgear the Devourer of Birds have taken their toll. In that fetid mess there were beasts of terrible bulk who caused absolute terror in the hearts of any who wandered near. There were veritable lakes of pus and ichor. The halls were slippery with blood and rotted limbs. Goblins took the gateway, forcing us to claw out the other side of the fort. But that was our doom. Water burst forth from the tunnel, turning the already sticky floor into a gooey swamp. Many of us drowned in the tunnel, our rotting throats clogged by gobs of flesh from who knows what. With a burst of activity, we eventually contained the leak.

Although we stopped the water, the drawbridge that stopped the flow of water started a flow of goblins. The bridge slammed down over the bubbling water, only to allow the goblin hordes access. Those who were unconscious from their wounds and disease were quickly slaughtered. Only a few of us made it to the highest point of the fortress. Only Rigoth the Surgeon refused to leave with us. Instead, he threw back his head and cackled, before lopping the heads off of a half dozen slain dwarves and running into a workshop!

A mysterious figure came to me while we slept in a small chamber near the top of the fortress. It told me about how the demons' blood had melted the flesh of our friends. It told me about how dwarves these days were too greedy. It told me that this mess was our fault. I was struck by what we had done. This landscape, once promising, had turned into a bloodbath due to our incessant need to dig deep for gold and glory.

We decided to head north, into a land of peace. On the journey, the figure came to me once more, leaving only this cryptic message: "Dig shallow. Clouds of dust. Splintered walls. Shattered bones. Screams of agony. It is the will of your GODKING!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TL;DR: I'm embarking in a nearby town because of the horrors of the old fort. I will then pull off a stupid dwarf trick.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »

Righto, sounds awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28