Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 75617 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
[BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:19:40 am »

- arena mode crashes with GRAPHICS:YES
- there are "wagon wood" items in item selection in arena
- aligators have hair ("his hair is black")
- alligators are able to wear armor when you give it to them
- attempt to grab a bodypart with a weapon leads to "you grab *** by *** with your *weapon* but nothing is grabbed
- attempt to "pinch" various bodyparts shows "you adjust you grip on***" and nothing else. Mybe my skill is too low.
- amphibian woman is called "amphibian man" in arena

- batmen have "eye tooth" (probably a problem with animal men)!
- you can "gouge out" cheecks with hand grabs on head

- cave locations are "cut off" in the air view, I mean the vision on the ground level is ok but above stops at the edge of the location.

Also the cave was VERY small and I couldn't find a hydra living there...

[P.S.] Please try to report bugs only and make a discussion in another thread so Toady could sort and fix it easier
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:26:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:25:47 am »

- Arena crashes when in the spawn screen while highlighting an item and pressing enter.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:27:44 am »

-not a bug but a mistake, giant female caste is called giant, male caste is called giantess.

Crolis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:39:51 am »

- Worldgen maxes memory and crashes with graphics turned on

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:41:32 am »

- Dragons don't seem to be injured by being in magma, but create loads of steam in it.
- Iron man mouth (or something similar, a type of poison or disease a dorf got after killing an iron man) seems to last forever.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:16:24 am »

"Muddy lava"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It should be noted that this was a one tile wide phenomenon (though there were several muddy tiles scattered throughout the pipe. Surrounding all sides (including above and below) was normal empty lava, and when unpaused, the mud did not shift or fall.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:24:07 am »

-Soap making seems broken. You make lye, but it is stored in buckets. The soap maker's workshop requires the lye to be in a barrel to be used. I don't know how to put the lye from the bucket into a barrel.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 08:29:04 am »

Examining a freshly generated world in Legends mode, all underground regions are unnamed, appearing as , "" in the list.

Also, it looks like megabeasts and forgotten beasts are a bit too hardcore now - in said generated world, every megabeast and forgotten beast survived for the entire 1050 years, and the world never left the Age of Myth.

Orkel: you need a stockpile that accepts Lye and an empty barrel assigned to said stockpile. Given time, a dwarf should pour the lye from the bucket into the barrel. This is the same as how it worked in 40d.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:36 am »

-A bunch of the stockpile lists are mostly or completely wrong.
--General
---Metal category lists gems, sand, and loam for every type of item it's in, which seems quite odd unless there are natives with jade arrows and dirt blowdarts somewhere.
--Food
---Fish and Unprepared Fish have items listed twice back to back
---Plants have wood listed at the bottom
---Misc Liquid has "Forgotten Beast Extract" spanning several pages
--Refuse
---Item types only has remains and the raw hides before listing various food categories and items completely unrelated to refuse, like general food categories and furniture
--Ammo
---In addition to metals issue listed above, Other Materials is entirely blank
--Coins
---Can only be metal, so same metal issue above.
--Leather
---Several pages of "Forgotten Beast Leather"
--Wood
---Plants are listed above the wood types, same list as food -> plants

-No matter what I do, I can't seem to get "Material" in the squad equipment/uniform pages to highlight, and the selection is always "<no items>"

The Forgotten Beast leathers/extracts aren't necessarily a bug, but if you forget what it is, I'd expect the leather and extract to be forgotten as well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:49:11 am by ein Syndication »

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 09:53:00 am »

Hi!

* It seems that rotting does not occur - thanks to my kittens, there are remains everywhere and my first outdoor refuse pile is filled completely after a year
* The population cap seems to be even more wacko then before for low values - pop cap 8 saw three immigration waves in the first year with the last being the largest and bringing them to 18 dwarves (^_^;;
* There is a small delay in acknowledging sand bags it seems - even if there is no stockpile to claim the bag, a combination of
Collect Sand R
Create Green Glass Toy R
in a single glass forge will give the error message "no sand bearing item"
* The elven caravan had a ridiculous amount of cargo with them - it were only about 3 merchants with a pack animal each, but they had several pages of cages, several pages of clothing items, drinks, and other things with them.

Deathworks

avari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:57:37 am »

As soon as I embarked and appointed my bookkeeper, I found that my created wealth consists of approximately 1600000 dwarfbucks worth of "architecture" :D I have no idea what this architecture might be, but I'm sure I didn't create it. Also my imported wealth is listed as 115369 dwarfbucks, and I don't think I had that much stuff in my wagon. Also I'm not sure if the value should be that accurate, as my bookkeeper has done no work yet.

People have been reporting huge amounts of migrants, maybe that has to do with the mysterious created wealth..?

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 10:26:50 am »

Some 'problems' I have encountered: 

I made a custom stockpile with all sorts of things on there (Food being one of them).  My dwarves for some reason did not want to put the barrels of food/ale there, but were fine with putting seeds.  I might have done something wrong but just struck me as odd.  I just made a food stock pile.

Migrants:  I have hardly any wealth (I think less than 5k) and yet suddenly 8 dwarves come to my aide in the first summer (11th of Malachite).  Not sure if that is intended or not (No complaints here ^.^ more slav...workers.)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:30 am »

The worst bug so far, totally screwed my first game:
1. Non-alive creatures are undestroyable. Happened to bronze colossus in the arena, and skeletal groundhog in my fortress. You can damage every bodypart to be red, and chop off all limbs, ears and nose, and they still wont die. I had to abandon because of that skeletal groundhog cause it was interrupting everyone.

Smaller bugs:
2. All fish mentioned 2 times in the embark menu.
3. I get Job 'canceled: Drop-off inaccesible' spammage in my game, but dwarves have a clear path. They are set to haul stone between z-levels and sometimes they do fine, but sometimes I get spammed with messages. The situation involves usage of ramps, I am still investigating what is wrong.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 11:32:17 am »

my hunter is not hunting and is dropping his equipement...

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 12:29:51 pm »

I have two issues on Hunting:
-Dwarf that have hunting on embark picked up equipment, but did not go out for hunt. Turing Hunting off/on fixed the problem.
-The same dwarf cancels hunting with message "... cancels Hunt: No ammunition".
There are settings for 100 wooden arrows in Military settings, and there are plenty of wooden arrows in the pile. As above, turing Hunting off/on fixed the problem.

Timing glitch:
"It is now summer" is dated 28th Felsite.

Wealth: I also witness about 100k wealth created in Architecture at embark, with about 56k imported wealth. (I also had "A section of the cavern have collapsed" on embark, so I may have some underground settlement with all that wealth)

Prepared horse brain that I've got on Embark is displayed in "Meat" section of Z-Stocks menu, not Prepared Meals (but it might be desired)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38