Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 75621 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2010, 03:14:14 am »

-I picked up a giant corpse weighing 15000kg, my speed did drop down to 200...but this shouldn't be possible.

-I used said 15000kg corpse as a weapon, and it worked quite well, I one-shotted another giant with it.

damocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:26 am »

Uneven squad numbers causes lunacy...
I had 3 guys in a squad set to training, but one guy would lead a demo, one would watch, and the other would sit in a "waiting for demo" state.  This waiting guy stayed waiting until eventually he went mad.
===
Also, add me to the people for whom the military screen crashes a lot.  Seemingly at random.  Sometimes I can open and muck around with settings for a while, then it crashes.  Sometimes it crashes the instant I the screen comes up.
===
Hunting seems worthless now - with the reduced x/y space, animals simply run out of the area and are never seen again.
===
I keep getting an "unnamed material" listing in the glass smelter.  If I select it, I get the usual list of glass products, all listed as "make unnamed material item X".  about 2/3 of the time I get the normal glass listings, the rest of the time I get the unnamed materials instead of glass names.
===
add me to the pile of people suffering from pathing problems.  Seems most common when digging out or building ramps.
===
and also I suffer from the lack of fish...anywhere.  I've started about 5 forts so far, and every time there's no fish in the rivers.  The only time I found some fish was in a murky pool.
===
burrows act funny - I made a burrow thinking I could set it up as an alert state to direct my military dwarves there when under attack, but every dwarf and animal in the fortress decided this burrow was home.  They all went there and promptly went to sleep because all of their jobs were outside the burrow area.
===
jobs manager / fort manager doesn't want to do anything.  I was sick of my jobs not getting completed, so I took off every labour task from my manager, thinking he would go to the office to work, but instead he just sits in the meeting hall with "no job" status.  Meanwhile my long list of jobs can't even reach validated status.
===
kill orders don't cancel after completion.  I ordered a dwarf to kill a raccoon, which he did, then he sat over the corpse doing nothing.  I had to manually cancel his kill order.
===
refuse pile orders are being ignored. I turned on refuse in a stockpile, but denied various corpse types (like flies, roaches, etc) and still the dwarves filled the pile with these corpses that the cat dragged in.
===
trade at depot priority is too low.  Every time I get merchants, I have to build a burrow over the depot to force my broker to trade instead of hauling.  I could turn off his labour tasks, but then I'd have to muck around turning them on again afterwards.

that's all I can remember for now :)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2010, 05:25:43 am »

burrows act funny - I made a burrow thinking I could set it up as an alert state to direct my military dwarves there when under attack, but every dwarf and animal in the fortress decided this burrow was home.  They all went there and promptly went to sleep because all of their jobs were outside the burrow area.

jobs manager / fort manager doesn't want to do anything.  I was sick of my jobs not getting completed, so I took off every labour task from my manager, thinking he would go to the office to work, but instead he just sits in the meeting hall with "no job" status.  Meanwhile my long list of jobs can't even reach validated status.

The burrows are working as intended.  YOu simply set that particular burrow to "all dwarves enter here" What you need to do is order the military to protect a specific burrow, move over to the squad, and tell them to activate. They'll intercept any enemy

is the office assigned to him? and did you make sure that you didnt' accidentaly mark the table by mistake?

Phydaux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2010, 05:57:35 am »

Can't find any other posts about this yet, but:

Has anybody else noticed that when you have one stockpile take from another, the dwarves all rush over to the take from 'pile, pick shit up, then run around in circles.  Specifically, I made a seeds only stockpile, and tried to pull all the seeds from a generic food stockpile (hadn't yet turned seeds off).  The dwarves would repeatedly pick up the seeds and drop them in the same original stockpile.  Turning off seeds fixed it.  Weird behavior to watch though.
I had the same problem with a finished goods stockpile. I was trying to take all the clothes and put them in their own stockpile. My whole fortress came and moved the bits from one part of the original stockpile to another part of the same stockpile until I turned off all the clothing types in it.

damocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:23 am »

The burrows are working as intended.  YOu simply set that particular burrow to "all dwarves enter here" What you need to do is order the military to protect a specific burrow, move over to the squad, and tell them to activate. They'll intercept any enemy

is the office assigned to him? and did you make sure that you didn't accidentally mark the table by mistake?

I didn't set any dwarves to enter the burrow.  I made an empty, unassigned burrow assuming I would then set the activity through the military screens.  However, as soon as I exited the burrow screen, my dwarves (and animals) all made a beeline for the burrow.
Is it default behaviour that a burrow not assigned to anyone is automatically assigned to everyone?

As for the jobs manager - he eventually got his act together without my changing anything. About 3 months later, he decided to go do so some work.  That was still 3 months of no jobs happening though.  Is it perhaps the new lazy dwarf attribute at work?  Maybe he decided he needed 3 months off after all that heavy lifting.  I bet he claimed workers comp too, the cheeky git!

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:20 am »

Couple quickies

- dwarves don't respect room ownership. I've got nobles sleeping in the barracks because pesants have taken over their masterwork beds.

- long names like "expedition leader" often over run and write over a dwarf's job on the unit list.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:55 am »

Eating steam covering (strange in itself) gives the announcement "You lick the ice."

Discovered in an experiment with a Bronze Colossus. ;D

avari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:16 am »

-I have a dwarf who uses metal bolts for archery training, even though I've set metal bolts for combat and bone bolts for training in the ammunition menu. (He does use the bone bolts as well)

-I can't attack large/giant rats. When ordered to kill them, soldiers run after them but never attack. Civilians are not scared of the rats either. The rats just run around and eventually steal a stack of 20 prepared meals or whatever...

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2010, 10:34:40 am »

My dwarves don't seem to want to sleep in their own bedrooms. Yesterday I had my leader sleeping in someone else's 2x2-with-one-cabinet room instead of his own 3x4-with-two-cabinets-a-chest-and-a-statue room, for... some reason.

I also keep getting the "unknown material" error in the smithing/glassmaking screens (and once in a while will just get an empty menu). It's not a huge problem to have to back out and select a material, but hey.

My swamps, brook, and caverns are also apparently empty of fish (which makes it awfully hard to get shells without cheating). Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

My dwarves are putting cloth clothes in food stockpiles. Socks are not food, people!

Also, this version of the game seems to be very heavy on the resource usage. Specifically, it sucked up something like five or six hours of my time yesterday. Please fix.  ;D

Rimbecano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2010, 10:59:09 am »

I've seen brief mention of this in other parts of the forum, but nowhere under bug reports:

The vulcanism parameter does not seem to affect the presence of surface lava anymore. It affects stone types, but even with min vulcanism set to 99, the number of volcanoes in a generated world is always exactly equal to the "minimum number of volcanoes" setting.

Also, it is no longer possible to bail from embark back to the main menu. If you need to exit the program immediately during embark, it is necessary to kill the process as if it were a locked-up program.

EDIT: Oops. Saw that we're supposed to be reporting over bug tracker...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:12:09 am by Rimbecano »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2010, 11:00:50 am »

is the office assigned to him? and did you make sure that you didn't accidentally mark the table by mistake?

I didn't set any dwarves to enter the burrow.  I made an empty, unassigned burrow assuming I would then set the activity through the military screens.  However, as soon as I exited the burrow screen, my dwarves (and animals) all made a beeline for the burrow.
Is it default behaviour that a burrow not assigned to anyone is automatically assigned to everyone?

As for the jobs manager - he eventually got his act together without my changing anything. About 3 months later, he decided to go do so some work.  That was still 3 months of no jobs happening though.  Is it perhaps the new lazy dwarf attribute at work?  Maybe he decided he needed 3 months off after all that heavy lifting.  I bet he claimed workers comp too, the cheeky git!

maybe.  HOwever, if you were to goto the "alerts" screen, and goto the far right under civilian, and hit enter on a burrow, that IS how you confine all dwarves to a single burrow.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:25 pm »

Hi!

I have to add information about the butchery bug I had encountered earlier: In my current fortress (other world), animals killed by traps or merchants get butchered automatically and successfully. I have no idea why things failed in the other fortress.

Deathworks

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

Quote from: Bug Reports forum header
We are moving over to the bug tracker now, so please post any new reports there.  When you create an account, there is a confirmation email, and it isn't very clear about that fact, so please check your email once you register.

Before creating a new bug report, please search the bug tracker first to see if the bug was already reported.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »

Yeah, it'll be best if everything happens over at the new system now, and this catch-all thread will continue to attract new reports I think, so I'm going to have to lock even though there are ongoing discussions.  If you have any trouble registering a bug tracker account, just email me -- the way it does email confirmation is a little annoying, since it just drops you back on the log-in and doesn't make any further mention that it sent you an email (I think there is a notice below where you enter your email, but it is easy to miss).

And yeah, hopefully the search function works out well on the bug tracker, and hopefully I can get started on bugs today!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]