Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Stopping bleeding  (Read 25340 times)

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
Stopping bleeding
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:23:57 am »

I just downloaded the new version and loaded up adventure mode. One word, is awesome. Anyway, I've killed a heap of people and been an unstoppable machine, and was wondering if anyone knows it's possible to stop bleeding in adventure mode?

I know it's awfully early because it was only just released and I'll probably have bled to death by the time I get a response.. My only thought is finding a bandage and using (I)nteract on one, but I haven't found a bandage.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:27:34 am »

does Traveling work?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:34:15 am »

See that's the thing, I forgot to mention but I wanted to know because you can't travel until the bleeding stopped. Being superhumanly tough I managed to kill everyone in town before I even begun to feel faint.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:18 pm »

Same. Uberstats are too strong. I had both lungs and heart pierced and guts damaged, with Mortal Wounds I ran around, because I was too tough to die... Stats need to be fixed :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:23:22 pm »

Uberstats are a very important part of heroic fantasy, though.  DF isn't just about realism; it's about heroic fantasy, too.

I mean, if you made it purely about realism, you'd have to take out the dragons...  or, without heroic attributes, you'd have to take out the people capable of slaying dragons...
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:00:40 am »

The same Just happened to me. My dwarf got hit in the throat by an arrow from an elf and he wouldnt stop bleeding even tho I found out It was stuck and removed it. Eventually I made him sleep and he bled to death. :(

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 11:07:47 am »

The same Just happened to me. My dwarf got hit in the throat by an arrow from an elf and he wouldnt stop bleeding even tho I found out It was stuck and removed it. Eventually I made him sleep and he bled to death. :(

I'm ok with this.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 04:29:18 pm »

Wasn't there a Germanic knight in the movie Kingdom of Heaven that got shot in the throat with a crossbow bolt near the beginning of the movie?  He died a few minutes later after going on a bit of a rampage.

There may not yet be a method for stopping one's own bleeding in adventure mode.  Maybe you can buy some sutures from a town and try to 'I'nteract with it when you are hurt?  So far my adventurer hasn't gotten hurt at all so I haven't had this problem.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:43:52 pm »

I'm ok with this.

However the throat injury was only brown and It just said his throat SKIN was slashed apart, no arterys were severed and the bleeding was only light bleeding yet it wouldnt stop.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »

well, the thing about DF is that you have "throats" and then you have "necks"

if you got hit in the "neck" and got some slashed skin with no severed arteries, you might have been okay, but your "throat" is your throat.  If the bleeding didn't kill you, the eventual suffocation would have unless you were high on the toughness stat.

There's a reason why slitting a person's throat is a way to kill them.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 11:23:19 am »

Yeah... I started a new game, trained up my stats on some animals then went on an elf-killing rampage(I was going to kill goblins, but the elves took over the obsidian tower I was at... interestingly enough, they had elf prisoners as well). I slew a bunch of elves, got some superhuman stats, and decided to go suidice myself against a Hydra... but I couldn't travel. Despite the fact my only wound was my second toe, right food.

Bleeding should [slowly] stop automatically, just over time. I mean, real wounds don't bleed forever until you put a bandage on them...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 11:48:24 am »

i always stop bleeding before the fight is over, but maybe thats just me. on a similar note how do you see your stats such as strength

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »

I had Superdwarvenly tough,endurance,strength,and some other combat things. I died because everyone in the elf village jumped my ass.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 12:16:11 pm »

While exploring my way through the Underground, I reached a point where I really wanted to get through a passageway blocked by a towercap.  I tried setting fire to it, then going to sleep, but it was still there and burning when I woke up.  So I went up on a ledge to try to jump over it, or at least on top of it.

I missed.  Got a rib punched into a lung for the trouble.  The bleeding stopped after a couple dozen turns, but I'm still "Feint" with a "Mortal Wound", but the actual pain and bleeding stopped.  I do get winded every few turns though.  Found a way around the towercap too, just a few steps over.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »

Has anyone looked at what affect Travelling has on other party members, if they are wounded/bleeding?

I've not found anyone who'll join me yet  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5