Advanced search  

Poll

So?

Works, faster
Works, no difference
Doesn't work
I can't tell, I'm too busy being.. oh god the carp

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: DF Accelerator (obsolete)  (Read 47098 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Accelerator
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 08:35:50 am »

35-40 --> 50-60 FPS
(7  Dwarves, Win XP)

Great thing  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:44:36 am by Proteus »

eidahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2010, 02:35:07 pm »

40 fps to 100fps (maxed). AWESOME!  ;D

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

Works like a charm!  It's not up to the old 40d# levels, but I jumped from about 25 FPS average to about 70 average.  With only 7 dwarves, though; I hadn't been able to play at 25FPS long enough to get migrants.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Sarstan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2010, 03:55:38 pm »

Curious.  I put in the file you offer and more or less half the play area goes black and the last row of tiles that should be at the bottom of the rest is seen at the very top.  I take the file back out and the whole screen is visible with no issue.  Didn't really check the frame rates for this since it's not very viable to play as such.  Hope this helps figure it out, though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

It works, but not really a major improvement (right now) ~60 FPS to ~70 FPS, still, every FPS is worth the extra file. :)

Edit: it also sometimes causes weird screen bugs related to the window. (could that be from partial print?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:14:34 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Iasnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2010, 04:34:21 pm »

All it does for me is exactly cancel out any benefit I normally got from using partial print.
Oh well. :(

By the way, the "df directory" is the main folder where df is in, right?  Just wanted to make sure I was putting it in the right place!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

All it does for me is exactly cancel out any benefit I normally got from using partial print.
Oh well. :(

By the way, the "df directory" is the main folder where df is in, right?  Just wanted to make sure I was putting it in the right place!
Yes, where else would you put it? ;)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
You deserve a cookie
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2010, 05:29:46 pm »

Adds a needed twenty five FPS, totally worth it, occasionally dips but only for a second.

You deserve it!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2010, 08:15:08 pm »

Curious.  I put in the file you offer and more or less half the play area goes black and the last row of tiles that should be at the bottom of the rest is seen at the very top.  I take the file back out and the whole screen is visible with no issue.  Didn't really check the frame rates for this since it's not very viable to play as such.  Hope this helps figure it out, though.

I had this problem at first, too.  But, if you turn off the intro, it shouldn't do it anymore and should play normally.

David Holmes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2010, 11:48:38 pm »

Another happy customer.

Brought my FPS from ~40 to 100 (max).  Windows 7, Core 2 Duo 6420.

Pasakoye

• Bay Watcher
  • c is for SCAMPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2010, 02:27:24 am »

This worked really well for me, but is there anyway to change the MediumPurple color back to gray?
I play as elves.
What the f*ck is wrong with you?
DF doesn't have a learning curve. It has a sheer cliff face. And you have to climb it with nothing but a keyboard.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2010, 03:50:33 pm »

Hey Baughn, love the work you've done on the 40d# series.  I lead a team of SW developers by day, and I'm looking over the case studies in this thread... the reports are pretty inconsistent.  If a certain user was willing to run some number of test cases greater than 4 but less than (say) 32, what cases would be most helpful for you to look at?

I'll be trying out your DF_Accelerator code, but I figured I might as well generate useful test data while I'm at it.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »

There's not much point.

DF accelerator is an extreme hack; that it sometimes fails is by no means unexpected. It's been deprecated for a very long time by the more proper d# rewrite, so now we're just waiting for that to be merged.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure I lost the source code at some point, so.. yeah. ^_^
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Cockyy

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels task: Interrupted by Vomit
    • View Profile
    • You're mother.
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »

Just wanna say thanks, went from 3-21 FPS to 99-100FPS at all times on my laptop
There was a signature here. Now it's gone.

;__;

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2010, 07:07:49 pm »

There's not much point.  DF accelerator is an extreme hack; that it sometimes fails is by no means unexpected.

Alright, I'll just goof around then.  Thanks again for your great work on making DF at least pseudo-multi-core (1CPU + many GPU).   ;)
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15