Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In which I play an Adventurer in the new version. (SPOILERS)  (Read 1423 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
In which I play an Adventurer in the new version. (SPOILERS)
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:14:08 pm »

I went and did this earlier today, this is a collection of posts I made on a different forum.

Started an adventurer and got a quest to kill a hydra. Found his cave, couldn't find the hydra but eventually I found a tunnel that led into a huge cavern area. Wandered around for a while (also fungus-trees grow in the caves now), found a Giant Cave Spider. Hacked all her legs off one by one and killed her.

Now I've found a colony of friendly blind cave fishmen. Nice.

I borrowed some of the fishmen's giant olm haggis and saved one of them from a pack of troglodytes before continuing on. Haven't had any luck in getting to the lower areas yet where there's supposed to be demons and things.

New creatures found so far include Crundle, Pond Grabber, and Elk Bird. The elk bird is a bird with elk horns wat

Found a largeish circular bottomless pit. Can't get down it without jumping in it, which probably isn't a good idea. Nothing else interesting yet besides the random packs of naked mole dogs.

I just "discovered a downward passage," this should be interesting.

Nope, so far it's the same as the last area. At least I'm closer to the bottom now. Wait-

The Voracious Cave Crawler falls over.

Oooh, I want to find one of those.

It says I discovered a magma pool but I don't know where it is.

Also I'm drowsy and thirsty and I haven't seen any water in this region yet.

I found the next region below, which had a pool I could drink from.

I also found the cave crawler. It was really slow, but very resilient. I was hacking away with a battle axe and it didn't die until it finally bled to death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On to fortress mode!
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

dapanman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: In which I play an Adventurer in the new version. (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:45:18 pm »

I started an elf adventurer (there was an elf civ on an island). I get a quest to kill a bronze colossus, I gather a few friends. After searching for a while, we find him. Our wooden weapons are completely useless so we all begin to wrestle him. It has been about 10 minutes, no losses but now I am a Legendary Wrestler 22397/30400, my bros are similar. I'm just hoping to finally lock one of his limbs and break it.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:30:25 am »

I set two Bronze Colossi at each other in the arena, they couldn't kill each other after a long time.  Elite human in full Adamant with an adamant two-handed sword did some damage, but eventually tired out and collapsed from exhaustion.  Then a Colossus stomped him to death and resumed its fight vs. the other one.

Magma melted the colossus pretty quickly, though.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:27 pm »

I got lost in a massive cave system and threw myself off a precipice in despair. Pretty cool.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:19:33 pm »

:On a tower-cap trunk you find some script scrawled.:

To whom it may concern that finds this, here lies perhaps the last words of a dwarf.

I, Kosoth Tombfissures, entered the cave and slew the dragon Tusnung Jadeswelter the Glowning Taxes. 

Heady with my success and my pack filled with a dragon's hoard gathered over a millennium, I took a wrong turn after the deed was done....

It is the evening of the fourth day as best as I can figure sense I entered this cursed cave and slew that beast that claimed the lives of more than 90 in its thirst for murder.

I have long sense resorted to stating my thirst with the muddy waters I find myself often neck deep in.  My food is all but gone, I have only a single lungfish I caught yesterday.  I don't think I could bring myself to eat it unless the most dire starvation takes me.  There has been nothing remotely edible sense.

I recently discovered what I am calling a "Draltha."  I have never seen anything like it before, I don't know why but I feel that I should call it a "she."  She is a large, long-bodied grazer with a thick mane that feeds on the tops of towercap mushrooms down here.  She appears to be very fat and otherwise enormous overall.  Her hair is yellow and eyes brown.  I know not if she is docile or hostile, sentient or otherwise. 

I am desperate enough to try and speak with her and ask for food and a way out.  If it should not go well, then at least I left a mark on the world.  I grow tired and weary of this place, it has an undwarven feel to it.

Regards,

Kosoth Tombfissures,
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:23:37 pm by PencilinHand »

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »

The spinning Siamang corpse strikes The Siamang in the upper body, bruising the muscle, jamming the right true rib through the left lung and tearing apart the left lung!
The Siamang is having trouble breathing!
The Siamang corpse has lodged firmly in the wound!

;D Corpses still make awesome weapons.
[pizza=omnomnom]

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:31 am »

I dunno if i'm doing something wrong, but i just spent like 2 hrs training my human sword master up, punting gophers and decapitating wolves, etc. Killed 2 giants like nothing, managed to get my hands on some steel armor (Better than bronze!) and then continue into the cave. I promptly get punched in the face by a giantess that causes my brain to bleed, killing me eventually. Stupid lucky hits.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog