Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How to play the new version?  (Read 13415 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to play the new version?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »

I followed the guide as well, yet only the squad commander is doing any training. She's doing "individual combat drill" repeatedly, while the other two under her command are doing regular civilian jobs with their uniforms on and everything. When I go to the military screen it says "1 squad, 3 soldiers, 0 active"

Their schedule is set up to be training all year with 2 dwarves minimum. Yes, I have set their alert status to "active/training"

So what am I missing?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dunno. I'll tell you when I find out.

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS ABOUT THE UNDERGROUND FEATURES: INCLUDING UNDERWORLD, LAVA AND HFS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:55:39 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JamPet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 01:51:58 pm »

In the dwarven entity raws you can see that the Arsenal dwarf has [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20] I got to that pop cap but I still couldn't assign the job.  I was going to do some testing on it by reassigning some tags to other nobles, but then I couldn't contain my excitement and I decided to just breach the new HFS anyway.  Was salt, blood, and magma all over the place, good call.

Don Pingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

In the dwarven entity raws you can see that the Arsenal dwarf has [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20] I got to that pop cap but I still couldn't assign the job.  I was going to do some testing on it by reassigning some tags to other nobles, but then I couldn't contain my excitement and I decided to just breach the new HFS anyway.  Was salt, blood, and magma all over the place, good call.

I had those 20 dwarfs too, but i assume it was just buggy. I will gen a new world and test it again, maybe i have better luck. Can i edit the [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20] without crashes?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:10:06 pm by Don Pingu »

Asteranx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »

I sent in my warriors, one of whom was very skilled at kicking.

Jean Clurist VanDwarf?

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2010, 03:44:18 pm »

Survived a GCS attack with only two deaths. One dwarf alone killed it.

He tore its brains out with his pickaxe. And then pulled a leg off.
We butchered it and had a glorious feast.

JamPet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 04:14:50 pm »

I had those 20 dwarfs too, but i assume it was just buggy. I will gen a new world and test it again, maybe i have better luck. Can i edit the [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20] without crashes?

Thanks.

Thats a 'probably' for an answer.  I was going to test taking out that tag and, if that didn't work, giving all the responsibility tags the quartermaster has to a noble that seems to be working fine like the bookkeeper.  If you wanna test that please to tell me how it went!

Kthx!

Don Pingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 04:31:47 pm »

Thanks.

Thats a 'probably' for an answer.  I was going to test taking out that tag and, if that didn't work, giving all the responsibility tags the quartermaster has to a noble that seems to be working fine like the bookkeeper.  If you wanna test that please to tell me how it went!

Kthx!

Well, if i edit the raw (i have no real grasp of modding so i just changed the number 20 to 5) and gen a world i can appoint a Arsenal Dwarf, but sadly i cannot edit the current game. (The way from the  entrance to the dining hall leads through 3 waterfalls! Sad to give it up.) I might have to start again.

I have no idea how stable it is though. I appointed him and equipped a squad, it worked, but no further testing was done.

Tarengrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 04:39:55 pm »

To mod the running game, try your Dwarf Fortress folder, then: Data -> Save -> Region -> Raw

At least it works for modifying the reactions of the smelter and speed of the dwarfs without having to create a new world, so popcaps should work too.

Don Pingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 04:49:04 pm »

To mod the running game, try your Dwarf Fortress folder, then: Data -> Save -> Region -> Raw

At least it works for modifying the reactions of the smelter and speed of the dwarfs without having to create a new world, so popcaps should work too.

Well, i am stupid for not looking close enough, i just did not think about checking the other folders...thank you!

EDIT: I tried, but not possible with the game that is currently running.(Maybe if you embark again on in the same region, but i cannot test that now)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:01:46 pm by Don Pingu »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »

really neat sounding feature with massive spoiler:

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 09:55:02 pm »

Survived a GCS attack with only two deaths. One dwarf alone killed it.

He tore its brains out with his pickaxe. And then pulled a leg off.
We butchered it and had a glorious feast.
same here, one just jumped me out of NOWHERE and killed 2 of my 7 dwarves and heavily injured one. oh, and im just mining out my fortress so i have no hospital or beds or anything to heal the dude......were all gonna die.   hahaa
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05:42 am »

Seems the safe bet is to stay on the top layer until you have a military and trap line set and are prepared to send it down.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]