Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Non-Flashing Hatchdoors

(1/3) > >>

Kagus:
This is minor, to be sure, but it's been bugging me.  From what I can tell, hatches built over stairs or ramps will constantly flash between the image of the hatch, and the image of the stair/ramp beneath it.  Although it's unlikely to cause any real confusion as to whether or not it's constantly opening/closing, it is rather annoying having the hatch flashing on and off incessantly in an otherwise "stable" environment.
I'm asking that the hatch override whatever's beneath it, and only show what's beneath the hatch when it's actually open.  It won't exactly spruce the whole game up, but I'd be happy.  And as we all know, that's a very important objective.

Hyperturtle:
yeah, just wait until you get a tomb filled up with that nobles crap.  They carry all personal belongings to it and you cannot dump anything. flashing galore as they start to stack it.I'd be happy if one of them just brought in a few bins of the personal belongings and left it at that, but no, they scatter them all over the tomb.

Cosmonot:
I have to agree with Kagus. It's unlikely that a player will forget what a hatch is for, and it's easy enough to go down one z-level and check.

Sean Mirrsen:
Even just looking at the hatch will reveal what's under it. Idea thirded.

Draco18s:
Fourth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version