Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Share your strangest or best new legends [High potential for Spoilers]  (Read 3207 times)

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile

Regardless of the fact the underground regions dont show up with names theres still some interesting stuff.

Had a dwarf who started as a farmer and then at world gen's end was a militia commander who made frequent trips to the nearby underground realm and tamed the creatures there (Giant toads, giant rats, giant olms) and she doesnt have a single kill.
 she still hasnt come face to face with the forgotten beast down there.

Loving it all so far. anyone else got some awesome legends?
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The deadliest (most kills) creature in my world is made entirely out of vomit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started looking at the legends after doing what seems to be the standard "Dig until your fort is overwhelmed by FUN" run. (Got to z-45 before I found the CIRCUS and 50 CLOWNS spawned in and raped my fort.)

Were dragons able to be zombies before?  Because I have a zombie dragon on my legend list.

Edit:  Found a good one!
"Enure was a forgotten beast.  It was the only one of its kind.  A huge moose with external ribs.  It has knobby anennae and has a bloated body.  Its periwinkle hair is long and wavy.  Beware its deadly spittle!  Enure was associated with nighmares and caverns."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:42:16 pm by Alkyon »
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I saw this in an engraving, and it's pretty damn cool to imagine.

Nek Nourishrelic is a human, surrounded by giant eagles. This artwork is related to the taming of the Giant Eagles of The Crest of Helping in 550.

I can imagine Nek standing on a mountaintop, with giant eagles flying around him, as he battles one for dominance. And then wins.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile

I was mucking around in Adventure Mode and talked with some Elf locals (it was a human-owned Elf Retreat that I guess was captured in a war.)  They informed me that apparently, the warlord of this human society had been systematically going to every forest on every side of the city and taming all the grizzly bears from all of them until he had a massive army of grizzly bears.  I was hoping to see grizzlies wandering around the city, but sadly there was no sign.  (Also, one of the Elves was listed as a Farmer, but when I asked his profession, he said he was an engineer.)

So far I've seen lots of great forgotten beasts in my legends (my favorites are a winged hadrosaur made of fire, and a skinless gila monster twisted into humanoid form), but none of them have yet to make any foolery on the surface world.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

I was mucking around in Adventure Mode and talked with some Elf locals (it was a human-owned Elf Retreat that I guess was captured in a war.)  They informed me that apparently, the warlord of this human society had been systematically going to every forest on every side of the city and taming all the grizzly bears from all of them until he had a massive army of grizzly bears.  I was hoping to see grizzlies wandering around the city, but sadly there was no sign.  (Also, one of the Elves was listed as a Farmer, but when I asked his profession, he said he was an engineer.)

So far I've seen lots of great forgotten beasts in my legends (my favorites are a winged hadrosaur made of fire, and a skinless gila monster twisted into humanoid form), but none of them have yet to make any foolery on the surface world.

When that kinnda stuff gets implemented walking around in adventure mode is just gonna get weird
Thank you based dwarf.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone else had the the choice to play as a Forgotten Beast?
It popped up in my adventurer window and promptly crashed upon loading the game.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I imagine the Hills of Perfecting are now buried under a gigantic ocean of blood.  :o
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:03:01 am by Jehdin »

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you see the notable and other kills thing in legends? I just saw a generic kills list of humans/dwarves/elves at the bottom of a hydra's legends page, none of the other creatures were counted even though he devoured lots.

Xanares

• Bay Watcher
  • Cut them all down!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel

Found two really funny ones in my first world gen.  ;D

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Share your strangest or best new legends [High potential for Spoilers]
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 08:55:24 am »

I love how permanent megabeasts are in this version.  I was reading about a hydra in one of my worlds that had over three hundred kills, and was worshipped by lots of humans and dwarves.  I didn't even know that dwarves could worship megabeasts.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:18 am »

Okay either Toady made the megabeasts a bit too powerful, or my genned humans/dwarves are just horribly bad. Or maybe they live in small groups.

I generated a large island world which has 70 megabeasts, of which over a period of 1050 years, NONE died. And they weren't hiding either. One hydra had done 50 rampages, and there was one megabeast with over 1000 kills. They all have many worshippers.

There were also around 900 forgotten beasts but those weren't up to much. :P

Here's one:

As for other monsters, one human town suffered over 80 Monster Rampages.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:13:33 am by carebear »

Xanares

• Bay Watcher
  • Cut them all down!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 09:28:17 am »

They are powerful, but on the other hand these humans/dwarves they battle in world gen are weaklings compared to legendary fortress dwarves (I don't know about adventurers).

So, either the skill progress code for world gen fighters/heroes has to change or you have to nerf Megas, with the sad effect that they will be easy peasy for your soldiers in fortress mode.

I would aim for the first one.

If I am mistaken on the skill progress in world gen I apologize in advance, but this is my exp.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:16 am »

Wiki suggests that megabeasts have simply been made immortal during worldgen.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »

Not all of them have - checking my legends, I had a titan that died in year 2 (not entirely sure how, haven't checked), and a few other megabeasts had death-dates as well.  They're mostly just intensely tough, it seems.

I'm more used to it though, since I always used to mod all my megabeasts to be outrageously large (and designed a custom hydra bodyplan that made them much harder to kill, hehe) and I was used to only a small number dieing before worldgen finished.  It's more interesting that way!
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.
Pages: [1] 2