Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Choose any rock to make that bridge!

(1/3) > >>

Shujaa:
When you want to build a workshop, bridge, support etc, you have to select the material to use.This is fine at first but later it means you could be picking the 3 pieces of rock furthest away from the building.How about splitting it up so you can still choose specific materials, or you can just choose "get any rock", "get any dark stone", "get any metal bar" etc in place of a specific material. Then the dwarf would just choose whatever happened to be nearest at the time.For example a bridge could have the following construction list:Steel bar
Steel bar
Limestone
Any rock
Any rock

Boogey:
Juh, current system of selecting invidual rocks is ridiculous really. It adds so much overhead to your dwarfs workings, makes you a god that doesn't know what to do and prevents dwarfs from using their own "brains". Thumbs up.

Captain Mayday:
Interesting idea.
Consolidation of the lists IS happening, but yes, I agree there should be an 'Any Rock' option.I believe that the consolidation will seek out the closest rock of the requested type, in any case.

Anticheese:
I agree. It would be a nice feature.---A while ago I suggested an improvement for the building display.It had pictures   :cool:

Jothki:
If anything, it would make sense for random choices to be normal for both building and crafting, and have specific choices be unlocked as an option by a noble.[ July 15, 2007: Message edited by: Jothki ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version