Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Healthcare weirdness  (Read 16017 times)

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Healthcare weirdness
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 10:31:37 pm »

I noticed the same thing as well, had 4 dwarves with the equivalent of papercuts, and they all died of dehydration, but not before the 3 dwarves that had already put the patients in the bed got some sort of pathing bug up their rears and died of dehydration themselves, because they attempted to continue placing the patients in the beds. Even though they were already there.  :-\

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:36 pm »

What would be nice is a 'rediagnose' thing, yes. But also a 'Forced bedrest' option for dwarves who can't make it to the food stockpiles without passing out again and again...and dying as a result. Essentially, allow the player to designate a 'recover wounded' order on a dwarf who is trying to be tough and kills himself  while trying to lift a barrel of booze to his parched, cracking lips.

Or just having dwarves that fall unconcious reenter the healthcare system.  If a person gets out of bed and walks ten feet before passing out, you can bet the hospital staff will put them back in their bed and rediagnose (I.E. look at the fun new bruises) the patient.  It'll also serve to put patients that thought they'd healed back into the mindset of 'lay there and get cut' rather than 'work to be done'

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44:52 am »

Had a horse wander into my fortress and kick one of the farmers while trying to get out.  Said farmer is now laying on the floor in extreme pain with a broken foot and constantly sending me the message of "Rest canceled" because of the same horse..which has long since left by now.

The stupid dwarf is filling up my announcement bag every second, won't die from dwarf made cave ins and hasn't gotten thirsty or hungry in months!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2010, 06:38:00 am »

Nurse! Get me a scalpel! NURSE! NURSE GET ME MY SCAPEL YOU ELF! GET ME MY SCALPEL OR I DESTROY YOUR SOUL!
There never was a nurse...
Hello Hunam

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 11:16:09 am »

I actually had my dwarf diagnose, clean, do surgery, suture and dress the wound of another dwarf.

On the other hand I noticed they NEVER finish whatever healthcare job (except for cleaning) they do on a dwarf if the wound healed up to at least dented already.

Another thing is that my only farmer is starving right now in my make-shift hospital, and I can't send her out to go eat by herself because I didn't have a bed and she decided to instead 'Rest' on the floor.

She has got a dented hand.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 03:01:45 pm »

Annoying, my first injured dorf in a relatively new fort will not be surgeried, while everything seems to be in order.
The hospital is superb with all the possible luxuries (except for soap and gypsum), the patient has not been disturbed since being dumped in bed.
My Surgeon general/leader is competent in everything medical and has all other jobs disabled. The patient is slow to heal and flimsy, so has not yet scarred after a month of uninterrupted surgery.
It seems there is another issue holding up surgeries besides being debedding/interruption/healing .

As a sidepoint: has anyone seen any other dwarf with medical skills/jobs enabled perform a medical task?
I mean besides the surgeon general.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:04:08 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 10:46:11 pm »

I've seen other dwarves perform treatment.  Or at least attempt it; my high master bandager guy doesn't appear to be able to bandage this one dwarf's lower body no matter how often he tries.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]