Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your first kill of DF2010  (Read 2506 times)

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Your first kill of DF2010
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »

Slashed open a Spearman's lower body with my sword, cut open an artery and he bled to death.  Not the most fun way to go...

I then proceeded to cut apart half the town, including the Warlord, and went off to another, friendly town to retire.  Quite the way to start things out.  :)
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »

I stabbed a goblin in the head, shattering his skull. My next attack cut off his lower body.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Demetrious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:49 pm »

It would seem that combat needs to be re-balanced.
I like the fact we are seriously discussing how to drop dwarfs off towers using  kittens as cushions.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 12:45:51 pm »

I smashed a bunch of ettins into paste with my first adventurer, a macer with some wrestling, dodge, and armor use. I only faced one at a time, of course, they lined up Jackie Chan style for me.

I'm liking the new adventurers, they are a bit more powerful. Chances are with the previous version you'd either die right away, or spam thowing and sneaking, or maybe get lucky and get an adventurer that didn't die immediately. The changes in the new version gives them a chance to at least wander and maybe get lost underground and slowly starve amidst fighting barely survivable fights and etc before finally dieing to some hidden surprise. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 01:47:23 pm »

In the dead of night I wandered into some guy's house and just wailed on him with my fists until he died of suffocation.  I apparently smashed his foot open, which was freaky - though it might've been with his food barrel or my first hit, since I was holding a rock and hadn't realized.

Afterwards, I drank his blood, licked (:() his corpse, and looted two shops before being spotted by some thresher and some other guy - I think a guard.  I ran away, as I was unarmed, unarmored, and probably tired.  Then I went to some Dwarf site and retired.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 06:19:33 pm »

i started out with a sworddwarf.
first kill was a sasquatch. i cut his arm of then stabbed him a few times and finally hacked his head off.
next few kills were just cougars, wolfs, bears, then some yetis. then i met this skeletal yeti zombie thing that i just couldn't kill :(
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

ColonelLanda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 03:04:03 am »

First(and only so far) kill was a sheep-demon who ruled over a human village. I ended up whacking him with my battle-axe for about five minutes until he finally bled to death.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 03:47:11 am »

First(and only so far) kill was a sheep-demon who ruled over a human village. I ended up whacking him with my battle-axe for about five minutes until he finally bled to death.

What.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:09 am »

I was playing as an adventurer named Batman.

A human animal dissector made the mistake of mentioning my parents in conversation. He was the first one to fall.

Four human guards, a child (whoops) and innumerable peasants later I left that town, and promptly fell into a pond. I had forgotten to take a rank of swimmer.

RIP, Batman.

You were the metal guy on /tg/

My first kill was a dragon.  Off to a strong start.

My first kill was a dragon as well. I just hacked up with a bronze short sword.

Totally  disappointing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]