Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Rail system?

(1/10) > >>

Otto Germain:
I browsed briefly through the suggestions and didn't see anything like this, but don't shoot me in the face if it's been mentioned already...How 'bout a rail system for mine carts, to move materials around more efficiently? Watching those little guys carrying a single piece of rock halfway through the fortress makes me wanna slap 'em. Mine carts could be loaded up with stone, ore, or whatever and sent on their way. Levers could be rigged to intersecting tracks to act as switch points... I'm sure there's lots of stuff that could be done with the rails.I wouldn't be shocked if something like this was already in the works, but it sounded pretty slick. I'm pretty big on automation, though. Whatcha think?

qwertyuiopas:
I think that intersections would look like this:
code:
#######
--T-T--
##\T/##
###|###

Otto Germain:
Yeah, you got the right idea... there'd be some sort of lever shenanigans in there.Oh yeah, another thought... what about building walls from all that extra stone? Like, stone blocks would give you a nice finished wall, whereas uncut stone would just give you a really rough "pile o' rocks" sort of wall. Would help consolidate materials, and could be used to build up defenses outside.

Anticheese:
Rewalling may be in the next version. For now though you can just use granite.exe--Mine carts sound really nice but they might be a pain to set up and dismantle. But any kind of cart would be very welcome right now.

Tormy:
Rail system? I dont like the idea to be honest. It wouldnt really fit into a fantasy world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version