Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 65447 times)

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:55 am »

Figures I would inherit Battlefailed and Cavebrands on the same day.  Downloading within the hour!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »

Don't suppose you've gotten a chance to play this any, eh Melkorp?

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2010, 09:02:25 pm »

I'm doing pretty well, the ascii is a little weird though: minerals are showing up as, like, a's with umlauts and stuff.  Just have to see the Matrix.  First update: Monday PM
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »

Melkorp, what are you doing?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2010, 07:57:17 pm »

It's been a week... should we skip?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »

I'll send him a PM.  If something doesn't happen, we'll just have to subject the place to another year of my ruling.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2010, 05:24:47 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57052.375

--arranged a tasteful row of statues in the... what in the Windy World?  What is this place?  Only a moment ago I was deep beneath Battlefailed, overseeing surgery.  What wizard or spirit has summoned my disembodied spirit to this, uh... Is that a dwarf punching a goat?   

Dead dogs everywhere...a vestibule awash in the blood of dozens of creatures...the whole place carpeted in mud, gore, rubble, and mugs.  An exhausted, armorless militia with willow weapons, patrolling for a partially rotted goblin maceman...  By Battlefailed's standards, the place is a paradise. 

Despite the evidence of years of carnage, I sense positive energy at work beneath this hill: vast, empty, freshly hewn halls... most of the village are rated Hauler...many hands make light work.  Much could be done here, the courtyard is reasonably secure, if only the military could have time and space to train.  Ah, the records, let us look.  Who commands here? 

'Listath Windspells: Warrior'  Ah, excellent!   
Unconscious.  Extreme Pain

Unfortunate.  Well, according to the muster, two captains serve beneath him.  One with the surname of Dangledhandle:
Deceased

And another named Nukem, who is apparently possessed of steel gonads!  Dear me.
His upper body is gone 

Oh.  Well, the Captain of the Guard, then.  'Jordrake': a warlike name!  Good, good.
Holdings:  Grave

The village thrives, yet this peace has obviously come at a high price indeed.  If the fortress is to survive, its' militia must be rebuilt, trained, and armed.  There are extensive notes left by the last overseer, detailing the particulars of a number of ingenious projects which tempt and intrigue me.  Yet the first priority must be safety, freedom from fear.  Let another overseer reap the glory from exalted public works, my legacy must be martial.

To effect any sort of change, however, I'll need a body.  The trader should do.  I think I'll like it here.  I wonder what they call the place.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:32:57 am by melkorp »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2010, 08:39:17 am »

No succession game is complete without disembodied ghosts possessing the living from across realities.

I like the crossover motif, nicely done.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2010, 02:32:28 am »

Battlefailed's been interesting, posting to follow this too.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2010, 08:15:18 pm »

Any progress?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2010, 04:00:36 am »

Dammit Melkorp...  I'd hate to have to skip you now that you've actually done something, but this is getting ridiculous.  I've been hesitant to throw my own ineptitude at the fort, but I'd much rather do something lackluster than have nothing done at all.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2010, 11:20:00 am »

Pity.  I was enjoying the story, too.

Sign me up for another turn, Kagus?  It'll be fun coming back to Cavebrands with actual knowledge of the military system.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2010, 01:57:56 pm »

How about this? Kagus plays now. If Melkorp ends up with a turn, and something interesting happens that makes us want to use it, then I play that turn, and Kagus can play the turn after, so he doesn't have to play two turns in a row which would be tiring.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2010, 03:55:48 pm »

Would it be acceptable if I had a turn? I've been watching this and have laughed heartily many times and wish to join the fun.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2010, 07:03:22 pm »

I'll readily accept new signups when I'm doing my turn and have started a new round of overseers.  We'll work out the order then.

And, from the looks of things, I guess I will have to buckle down and get this thing rolling.  Hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38