Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 66007 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:37 pm »

It seems anoth is the Humanish word for "god" which means our demon's fully translated name is "God Flagbanner the Heroic God."  This'll be a tough battle to win.  While mostly-red at the start of winter, she healed quite a bit by the time Spring rolled around.

Out of curiosity - did Creiydrek finally die, or is he still "conducting a meeting" with his captor?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2010, 09:20:09 pm »

Ha, I just realized that I looked up that very demon in legends mode...  I noticed the human name on the goblin civ entry, and I wondered for a moment if we were, in fact, fighting the legions of David Bowie.

And now we find out that he's a skinless mole demon...  I'm not sure exactly what that means.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2010, 09:29:32 pm »

I noticed the human name on the goblin civ entry, and I wondered for a moment if we were, in fact, fighting the legions of David Bowie.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2010, 09:53:50 pm »

Creiydrek still lives, but he's not conducting a meeting anymore. I kind of wonder why the demon just stopped attacking him all of a sudden when I first started governing. Odd things happen in this world of demons.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:41 pm »

I'm sorry to say, but I can't go on. I'm getting a regular 1-2 FPS on this machine, and to preserve my sanity I must drop it, even though I don't want to. I've made it through the first week of late spring. Here is the link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2966

I do hope you will pick up where I left off. I've released the dwarves in the bunker and repelled the trollish invaders. My advice on the demon is that you should just wall it off and ignore it as best you can.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 23, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »

Amazing sucession game!!!
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 23, 2010, 03:23:28 pm »

It'd be even more amazing if we could actually get some life blown back into it.  I knew I'd forgotten to do something...

Argonnek, many thanks on your work in booting out the trolls, and for your perseverance in the face of extreme hardship (I mean, I was having a hard enough time with 9 FPS.  You must've been going through hell, complete with mole demons and moronic dwarves).  Your contribution to the good of the fort is much appreciated.

Now it's time for Chedd to throw his will into the mix, or whoever else is capable of beating back the horrors of mass processing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 23, 2010, 06:12:55 pm »

Ah! I am sorry, unforeseen circumstances prevent me from playing my part. I can't play right now, maybe in a few months though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 24, 2010, 12:05:47 am »

Sorry to hear that.  Be sure to pipe up when/if you want another go at this.

Well then, I guess that passes the torch on to toessscsccscss, or however you're supposed to say that...  C'mon laddie!  Let's see what your processor's made out of!

toescs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 24, 2010, 08:07:29 am »

I'll just remind you that this is my first community trainwreck. I'll post an update as soon as I can. Just posting to let you know I haven't fallen asleep and the long weary trek towards Cavebrands has completed for its new overlord. Big changes are (maybe) coming.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12:38 am »

In a peculiar chamber at the base of the mountain, a conversation is overheard...

"Look, Slowpoke. I have no idea what you're trying to pull off, but I'm not making you into a crystal glass carp."
"I earned it! Come on, haven't I brought you enough souls already?"

A diabolic laugh echoes, and the entire mountain shakes...

"No."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

toescs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 29, 2010, 07:48:23 pm »

Upon Arriving at this Supposedly wondrous city-in-a-mountain, I was greeted with corpses. Corpses in the front gate, corpses left rotting in taps at the front door that told visitors they were very unwelcome and yet more corpses in the main halls.

Stumbling up stairs and through an unfinished wall blocking off the mausoleum I saw that a group of unconscious dwarfs lay around a badly injured great skinless mole monstrosity. A pair of doctors frittered on the edge of a great retractable marble bridge, wishing to tend to the wounded but unwilling to cross into the great rot cloud and skinless freak that lay on the other side.

A few other dwarfs (scavengers, not residents no doubt) lay about the fortress drinking its its liquor and scrounging stockpiles. They appeared to be doing nothing for the redemption or cleanup of the bodies.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:57 pm »

You can use any image hosting sight you like, but it is preferred that you use the Dwarf Fortress File Depot to upload saves.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:50 pm »

End date should be the first day of Spring, when the new year rolls around.  Just pause the game then, make whatever final notes and such that need to be made, and pack it up.

toescs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

At a hearty 14 population, due to some deaths of dwarves unwilling to leave the mole demon, died of thirst, and the goblin

Things are not well my friends. I write this letter to you for fear that we may never live to tell our story. The great mole demon is still defiling our catacombs, which have become rotten with the corpses of many brave dwarfs, including the most recent who, though barely able to fight, continued the fight against the much weakened creature. Eventually some of our noble dwarfs succumbed to death by thirst, their conviction was so great to hold the demon that they refused to walk away for drink.

In the summer of 598 a great goblin siege appeared,
and thanks to the foresight of our one-dwarf trapsperson/siegemaster almost every goblin bowman was soon entrapped and a prisoner. The siegemaster wandered outside in her zeal, and died a horrible slow agonizing death.
I fear they will starve soon, as we haven't the dwarf-power to keep them all fed.
To complicate matters, we cannot do anything about them now, as immediately after the goblin siege was broken by their own clumsiness, a great party of trolls managed to break through the traps and have made room in our front hall. We are but 14 of us left now, with little chance of holding out over winter.

Its about fall, I couldn't do much as its 3fps (bad) and 6 (good) and last week was my last week at work and I had thigns to clear up : /

I don't know what to do about the trolls, theres alot... and  the wall-in option isn't even open. And the manager kept deciding to assign masons to build doors which I didn't catch until recently : /
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38