Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 65478 times)

Trooper0102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #540 on: September 05, 2010, 06:05:59 am »

Man,this fort is hilariously screwed up. Your having terrorist dwarves leading goblin soldiers against their own kind, you have a demon master who is the supposed "Heroic God", and your being occoupied by trolls. Smells like the Dwarven equivalant of Juresualem during the crusades, while at the same time being in Japan after WWII, and also being the end of the world.

So glad i read this entire topic in one night. Well worth losing sleep over. Oh well. Personally I suck too much to every pull off breathing life into this, besides, I'm still learning how the metal industry works, and what my style is of playing. Now that I think about it, I barely know how to play at all. o.O

On a lighter note, this is my first post ever on these forums, even though I've been lurking for about a year now.  :D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2010, 01:02:11 pm »

Welcome (officially) to the forum, Trooper!  Glad to hear you liked the story so far...  Although, as this thread is a semi-living testament to, we're not exactly the most godlike DF players either.  And, frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Right then, moving on...   Thank you toescs, for driving onwards through crippling framerates and even more crippling trollish wrestling locks.  And look at it this way...  You've nearly tripled the fort's population in your turn!  Congratulations!

Anyways, it's time for LordSlowpoke to take command yet again, and lead his heroic legions to survival.  We're not just hiding inside the walls of our fort, we're hiding inside the insulation of our fort...

BadSyntax

• Bay Watcher
  • The root of all null pointer exceptions...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2010, 01:11:29 am »

I cant take my turn. Put me on the side for now. College, its getting too rough to have freetime.  :'(  I will notify you when I can.
Dasleah>   Snappleseed: if they threw up that's one hell of an orgasm

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 06, 2010, 09:21:14 am »

Well, I'd be glad to play, but I have no idea where the save is. Scanned DFFD already, but to no avail, toescs - where did you put it? Or did I just fail at reading the thread?

toescs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »

I'm full of dwarf fail. I meant to get that extra little bit towards the end of summer, but if theres someone who can fix this wreck coming forward please go! There are three perfectly fine ( though mentally challenged) dwarfs who would prefer to sit on a bridge and die of thirst than do anything. Others are having "fun" or "funconscious".

You start in mid-summer. I hope you have a multicore so you can start a ken burns documentary while waiting for them to execute your first order.

I would have pulled levers, but they'd all been pulled already : ( . Maybe all those trapped goblins can be rounded up and released on the next wave?

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3069

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2010, 12:31:41 pm »

Mmm'kay. Got the save. I'm proud of the fact that you guys actually managed to fuck this up better than I imagined. Or worse, for the record... but it's still good. We can salvage this, we've got materials, we've got... half a season, or so, but still, we have some butcher's workshops made out of rose gold, we can pull this off.

Semi-fake edit: Wait, do I get 600 too? Or do I go to 599 only?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »

Uhh....  Hmm, that's a tricky one.

Considering the reduced term you'd be serving otherwise, I'd say that if things are running smoothly enough for you that you can go ahead and take on the next year, if you're willing.  You did say, after all, that you had "great plans" for our little mess, so a bit of extra time should be quite the desirable scenario, eh?

I'd say it's up to you whether or not you want to take the next year.  I'd like to have things with the clear end-point of a new year, so whatever winds up with a term ending on New Year's Day will make me happy.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:07 pm »

FPS is zero. How Fun is that.

Permission to launch dfhack and delete layers upon layers of blood? I know it's history, but it's killing me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2010, 07:57:43 pm »

I'm sure nobody's really all that attached to the innumerable smears and such, and if you do believe it will clear things up from a standstill then I'd have to say go ahead.  Just don't get too hack-happy, wouldn't want things to get any easier from a gameplay perspective now would we?

All in all, something needs to be done to raise the performance.  Unplayability is never particularly fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2010, 09:15:10 am »

Well, good. At least it raised FPS to a total grand of three, so I can work with this now. But from what I see this will take at most two weeks to take it to 599. without interruptions.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2010, 08:40:13 pm »

Oh god! Smeary! Smearinson! Smearbobowilly! I LOVE YOU ALL MY BLOODSTAIN CHILDREN

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 11, 2010, 10:48:31 am »

Well, damn. I'm not messing with all that crap anymore. VAULT MODE GO

P.S. Argonnek, you died.

P.P.S. I'm making a backup me just in case somebody thinks it's a great idea to give me an unfortunate accident. The live of a Vault Overseer ain't just mining caverns and telling people to work faster before we drop that pitchblende bomb on demons.

P.P.P.S. I runesmith-genocided everything that wasn't invading us or wasn't us just for the sake of FPS, currently working on damming the river.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31:21 am »

P.P.P.S. I runesmith-genocided everything that wasn't invading us or wasn't us just for the sake of FPS, currently working on damming the river.
And so, Cavebrands became known as the one place where cats are erased by  the universe.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 12, 2010, 09:00:36 am »

Just hit Limestone, total population of Cavebrands is 9, working population is four. Or three, because that animal caretaker is prone to getting killed soon - Savior, Secondary Savior, and Hauler/Engraver. Seth is currently invictible due to his multiple bugs, while the demon just stands over him and waits for him to die - good luck. I think the Vault will be together on summer 600, with furniture, dwarves, farms, etc. but nobody knows what can break in the middle.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33:16 am »

Secondary Savior?  You mean to say that we have a Vice Christ?

Anyways, keep up the good work.  How's the framerate now that all superfluous animals have been done away with?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38