Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 65476 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:21 am »

Why, yes. I want to say that we have a Christ, Vice Christ, and the guy who hauls the cross for those two. Hope nobody gets offended, but that's exactly how it is.

Current FPS is four, but that's because there are traders and I don't really want to nuke the traders. That would lead to a siege, and we've got more sieging than we need anyway.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2010, 02:22:24 pm »

Oh god! Smeary! Smearinson! Smearbobowilly! I LOVE YOU ALL

LOL
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2010, 11:03:43 am »

GRAAAAAGH

VICE CHRIST JUST TANTRUMMED AND DESTROYED A DEPOT HE'S BEEN BUILDING FOR FOUR HOURS

GRAAGH

Edit: Before I rage some more, you can go on and listen to the theme of Vault 3 that I have blanantly stolen for us - it's here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:08:56 am by LordSlowpoke »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 19, 2010, 05:32:46 am »

Great, I killed this thread? Woo me. Anyway, we've got a human hammerman in iron staying to crowd control the flood of trolls in a chokepoint, a starving, dehydrated and miserable soldier smacking them with an iron shield, and FPS is in double digits with temporary dips to 6-8. Still waiting for the river to dry down so I can make the primary brook dam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 26, 2010, 12:39:50 am »

*ahem*

I must admit I was not previously aware of just how apt your pseudonym was, LordSlowpoke.  However, I'm sure that with proper care and encouragement we can see you past this temporary incapacitation.

I recommend that you agree.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:57 am »

Good si- Wait, why did I want to write this in Victorian style. Anywho, I'll take this prime time to ragequit, mainly due to the fact that I can no longer spend whole days staring at the screen and making sure some trolls aren't able to track anywhere. Work be damned, for it is making it a hard time - before winter, I need to make sure the entire workplace, all five square kilometers (not counting the external parts) have enough supply to keep working until summer. That means I'm on overdrive, everyone else thought it's a great time to use up their remaining vacation time, and if I find a single one of you who gives a damn, this will be a happy day. So, yeah. Cheers.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 27, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

Sorry man, fully understandable.  Life comes before Dwarf Fortress, after all.

And I apologize for the tone of that last post, it was late at night and I was starting to get snippy.  Crunch times need to be respected.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 04, 2010, 03:03:18 am »

I hate to ask, but is Cavebrands... finished?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 04, 2010, 03:13:51 am »

I'm not really sure.  LordSlowpoke has just bowed out, but he's however far along in his save and I don't know if he's uploaded it anywhere.

I don't know if it's better to ask for him to upload, which would take some attention away from his life which is kind of a priority right now, or just pass over to the next person and forget about Christ and Vice Christ (not to mention all the other work that LS has dragged himself through).

I really just don't know.  It seemed like things were going spectacularly downhill, so it'd be a shame to just dump the fort, but the near future looks a little unclear.

Also, speaking of succession forts, you need to bug me more often about Murdercloisters.  I've been playing a lot of HellMOO lately and I tend to forget things.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]