Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: My comments from testing arena mode, on combat/damage (plus a few other things)  (Read 31926 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed today that a Bronze Colossus dies in magma (it says "Bronze Colossus has melted" or something similar).  An alligator skeleton did not die... the worst that happened was it's limbs turned brown, the rest of the body turned yellow.  The alligator skeleton produced smoke continuously despite having no worn equipment, though.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep.
  • A bronze colossus is solid bronze, and therefore its entire body can melt in magma, killing it.
  • A skeletal creature won't melt in magma (in fact, no part of it will) because it's just bones, and bones don't melt. Bones do catch fire in magma eventually (hence the smoke), but due to more general problems I've identified previously, they never burn away, so the creature remains intact.

I suspect he balanced that part of the calculations before the weight units got changed.  Similar oversights would explain related bugs like armor items weighing ridiculously little and the problem you mentioned above with heavy armor not burdening its wearers.

Haha, I noticed the thing with armor. Slade gauntlets and boots weigh 2kg each. Go figure.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, I noticed the thing with armor. Slade gauntlets and boots weigh 2kg each. Go figure.

Meaning the whole set of slade gauntlets and boots weights the same as a cat skull totem  :D
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IIRC, it's hard to get ANYTHING to ignite in the new version.  Most flammable materials seem to just evaporate from heat damage instead of catching fire.
That shouldn't happen unless vaporization temperature > ignition temperature. Perhaps if a phase change temperature is higher than an ignition temperature, that phase change should be overridden altogether.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you test how disembowlment works and the requirements for a wound to allow gut-popping action?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]