Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.31.01]Elf caravan carrying an obscene amount of cargo  (Read 17373 times)

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01]Elf caravan carrying an obscene amount of cargo
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 04:01:24 pm »

I've gone quite a while without seeing a caravan at all. the elves showed up the first time, but my trader was busy sleeping. it seemed like seconds between when they came and when they started packing, and then hours for them to fully pack up.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 10:49:42 am »

What's this, what's this?  An actual reason to trade with the hippies elves?

Serious, though, I love trading with the elves, now.  Get a good enough stone crafter going on and who needs to worry about their extremist morals?  I trade stone crafts to everyone that comes through, dwarf, human or whatever, and they never complain.  Saves up all that wood and useful metal for my own needs.

Trading a few stone mugs for a pair of grizzly bears or elephants?  Yes, please!

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 02:02:27 am »

bah, you know nothing of trading with elves. first you get the crappy caravans -there may be some critters you want, but you should always pay with a fist. seize all you want until the good caravan arrives, provided you have the appropriate 'depot' (read: cage traps) they will give you unicorns, and even elves free!
talk about generosity.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 04:57:02 am »

I encountered this bug today.

I was able to confiscate 15 grizzly bears. 

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 07:13:46 pm »

Too me it seems like elves have an over abundence of items carried on relitivly small animals, while at the same time dwarves bring almost no items at all. I dont know about humans since I have yet to gen a world where they survive.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:06:47 pm »

The elves are bringing so many items that they can't even load them back up. They arrived at the depot, unloaded their stuff, but I was busy expanding the fortress and didn't need to trade anything at the moment, too busy digging. So I ignored them.

They've been trying to pack up and leave the depot for over a year now.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 04:04:05 pm »

Ugh...I want magma.    >:(

It took so incredibly long for the elves to pack up, they went insane. Now I have a melancholy warthog dropping a seemingly infinite amount of crap on the ground.

My dwarves are currently set to speed:1, and I have 100 dwarves hauling the stuff to an atom smasher.

Its been a year of game time, and they're STILL HAULING STUFF.   >:(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »

Ugh...I want magma.    >:(

It took so incredibly long for the elves to pack up, they went insane. Now I have a melancholy warthog dropping a seemingly infinite amount of crap on the ground.

My dwarves are currently set to speed:1, and I have 100 dwarves hauling the stuff to an atom smasher.

Its been a year of game time, and they're STILL HAULING STUFF.   >:(

Since when are warthogs available for hauling stuff in DF?

Maybe the elves need to invent the wheel and wagons.....

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 04:37:47 pm »

For some reason they're using a warhog as a pack animal. Not sure why, but thats elves for you.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 05:50:27 pm »

Lol, try filling out 10 or 15 pages of food on your dwarf liason, he'll bring it all, and he'll bring A LOT of it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »

For some reason they're using a warhog as a pack animal. Not sure why, but thats elves for you.

Just checked the raws and warthogs have the pack animal tag, which doesn't make much sense. They are also bigger than dwarves according to the raws, yet half the size of a lion. They are still several times smaller than typical pack animals though.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »

This looks important.

Warthogs are marked as pack animals. But they don't have any trade capacity listed.

All other pack animals seem to have a trade capacity of 1500-3000. There are no other pack animals that lack a trade capacity setting.

Maybe without any trade capacity listed, they carry a nearly infinite number of things?

I'm going to give this a try!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:52:07 pm by Hyndis »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:04 pm »

Um, Horses have the pack animal tag but don't have a trade capacity tag....

Edit: Donkeys, mules, Muskoxen, and both camels have the trade capacity tag, of the typical trade animals, only horses don't have a trade capacity.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:58:14 pm by smjjames »

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 07:34:01 pm »

As much as I like infinite cheap barrels and elephants, the freaking elves drop my FPS from 130 to 80.  Just by showing up.

Way.. way.. way too much shit.

I would just kill them to get them all to go away forever, but then I'd have to deal with the shit they leave behind.

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:34 pm »

Actually.. I just had an idea.

Build a trade depot on top of a platform with a single floor grate or some other floor related path connected to it.  Elves come.  Buy what I want.  Drop elves/crap into magma.

Given the amount of alcohol they stock, that could be really, really hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4