Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

[0.31.01]How-To: Using the Mantis Bug Tracker

(1/9) > >>

Todestool:
I thought I'd start this thread since the tracker seems useful, but it doesn't have a help page.  At least none that I've found.  If there is such a thing, just link here and we'll be done.  Until then, we build our own!

So you found a suspected bug?  Here is basic procedure on Mantis

Searching the bug list:

* Try filtering by tag for any tags that seem relevant to you issue.  If your issue is just a typo, filter by severity:text.
* READ the summaries.  Read the full descriptions on any that are not obviously unrelated to your issue.
Posting a bug:

* Be SURE your bug has not been reported.  Once an issue is posted, we (reporters) cannot delete it.  This is why there are three issues reporting the gender-bending giants bug.
* Fill out the bug report - severity, summary, description, and steps to reproduce are most important
* Mention ANY mods, from changed raws, to tilesets/graphics sets, to just changing init.txt values.  GRAPHICS:YES appears to cause trouble, for example.
* Add tags - look through the preexisting tags first, use those if you can.  We don't want four similar tags if we can have one.  It makes the searching easier.
Notes:

* You can edit/delete notes. Huzzah!
* To link to another issue use '#' immediately followed by the issue number.  You can leave out the starting 0s.  Ex: #31
Well, I'll call that a start.  If people find this useful/want more, I'll add to it.  I am also new to Mantis, so if anything here is wrong, let me know.

RevReese:
I registered with the bug tracker (confirming my account with the email I was sent) and logged in to check the bug reports.
It worked fine.

A day later..

It will not log me in, simply saying:
"Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect."
I saved the password  and user name so I know it was correct.
I have even tried four times to reset my password ("Lost Your Password?") and have not had a single message.

Has anyone else had this? or has my account been disabled or blocked for some reason and who do I need to talk to about it?

My apologies if I posted in the wrong place, I didn't seem to be able to start a new topic in this section which seems the most relevant.

Footkerchief:
RevReese -- I have no idea why your account would be blocked.  My advice would be to PM Baughn about it.

RevReese:
Thanks for the name, I will send a message and hope for the best!  ;)
Oddly enough, I had a similar problem with the mantis bug tracker at star wars combine too! (though that one likes me at the moment!  ;D)

Baughn:
I didn't setup the bug-tracker, and actually I don't even have an account. Yet.

My advice would be to contact Toady about it. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version