Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Military Bugs  (Read 39006 times)

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Military Bugs
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:52:13 pm »

I didn't see any other threads that dealt with military only and I assume these are truly bugs.

I used an armor stand to create a barracks; I put a dorf into my one squad so he could train up a bit in case of an emergency.  He would never stop training, though he would stop and eat, drink and sleep at appropriate times.  I decommissioned the barracks with the armor stand, now the newly freed dorf will not take any job, there are a bunch he should be able to do.  The game now does not recognize the armor stand, I cannot select it with the 'q' key to either re-create a barracks or un-build the armor stand.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Military Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:20 pm »

Same issue with the training. Kicking them out of the military doesn't stop them. Though, once I freed the weapon rack I was using for training, they went back to normal.

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:15:34 pm »

Same issue with the training. Kicking them out of the military doesn't stop them. Though, once I freed the weapon rack I was using for training, they went back to normal.

Can you recreate the barrack with the same weapon stand now?

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:51:38 pm »

Yep. I haven't tried an armor rack, though. Also, relevant wiki bit here... Turns out my side of things was mostly non-bugged.
Quote from: The Almighty Wiki
...notice on the bottom, in blue, how it says "Train, 10 minimum"? What that means is that if you have less 10 dwarves in that squad set to training (Which will always be the case since squads max out at 10), it will FORCE members of the squad to train, even when they're exhausted or starving. If you don't change this, your dwarves will be EXTREMELY miserable after a while - they might even starve to death while training - I'm not sure. Either way, hit "e" to edit the order, and use the /*-+ buttons to set the minimum to something like 1 or 2 less than the number of dwarves you have in your squad.

At least now we know they don't starve to death. So, to re-condense my report:

Dwarves don't seem to stop training when their squad is disbanded.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:17:20 pm »

One of my dwarves decided to train with two oak crossbows in his right hand (a buckler in his left). He had grown attached to one of them, but that doesn't explain why he thought he needed to hold two. Let only in the same hand.

Didn't seem to hinder his archery practice, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »

I have the exact same issue as the OP.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:30 pm »

I just saw a crash while pasting orders from one month to another. I'll see if I can reproduce...

Yes, it's reproducible. It seems to only happen if you paste on top of orders that have already been modified.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:51:20 pm by db48x »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:14:54 pm »

I just saw a crash while pasting orders from one month to another. I'll see if I can reproduce...

Yes, it's reproducible. It seems to only happen if you paste on top of orders that have already been modified.

Twice now i've had something similar, in this case I go to change the number of minimum trainees and it crashes completely.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:27:27 pm »

DoctorZuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:32:21 pm »

Pasting an empty order causes a crash.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=35

Going to the schedule grid on your inactive group also causes a crash
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=156

Get on board with the bug tracker people.

Belathus

• Bay Watcher
  • huzzah for home automation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:44:24 pm »

I've been able to get this while pasting over schedules with multiple orders in them.
Nothing to see here.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:59:15 pm »

I didn't see any other threads that dealt with military only and I assume these are truly bugs.

I used an armor stand to create a barracks; I put a dorf into my one squad so he could train up a bit in case of an emergency.  He would never stop training, though he would stop and eat, drink and sleep at appropriate times.  I decommissioned the barracks with the armor stand, now the newly freed dorf will not take any job, there are a bunch he should be able to do.  The game now does not recognize the armor stand, I cannot select it with the 'q' key to either re-create a barracks or un-build the armor stand.

I have the same problem with my dwarves. They would never stop doing individual drills (except to eat, drink, and sleep) until I kicked them out of the military, and now they still won't take any jobs.

The old military system was better so far.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »

The old military system was better so far.

Not really. Just because the "NEW" stuff is buggy doesnt mean its bad. ive had a string of luck so far and found just setting extra equipment to be dumped makes them remove it.

im enjoying setting the uniforms though. its good to envisage an entire army in what armor you tell them to wear rather than just waiting till you have adamantine for them all to look the same.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:12 pm »

Ranged weapons have just stopped working in fortress mode as far as I can tell.

It seems like people with melting dwarves get to use their cross bows.

and those who don't have melting dwarves can't get their marksdwarves to SHOOT.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 02:53:48 am »

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding military, let alone noticing the bugs. One thing I have seen however is starving military, they don't see how it's important to eat/drink anymore!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4