Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

[0.31.01] Military Bugs

(1/11) > >>

sbr:
I didn't see any other threads that dealt with military only and I assume these are truly bugs.

I used an armor stand to create a barracks; I put a dorf into my one squad so he could train up a bit in case of an emergency.  He would never stop training, though he would stop and eat, drink and sleep at appropriate times.  I decommissioned the barracks with the armor stand, now the newly freed dorf will not take any job, there are a bunch he should be able to do.  The game now does not recognize the armor stand, I cannot select it with the 'q' key to either re-create a barracks or un-build the armor stand.

Haven:
Same issue with the training. Kicking them out of the military doesn't stop them. Though, once I freed the weapon rack I was using for training, they went back to normal.

sbr:

--- Quote from: Haven on April 02, 2010, 02:04:20 pm ---Same issue with the training. Kicking them out of the military doesn't stop them. Though, once I freed the weapon rack I was using for training, they went back to normal.

--- End quote ---

Can you recreate the barrack with the same weapon stand now?

Haven:
Yep. I haven't tried an armor rack, though. Also, relevant wiki bit here... Turns out my side of things was mostly non-bugged.

--- Quote from: The Almighty Wiki ---...notice on the bottom, in blue, how it says "Train, 10 minimum"? What that means is that if you have less 10 dwarves in that squad set to training (Which will always be the case since squads max out at 10), it will FORCE members of the squad to train, even when they're exhausted or starving. If you don't change this, your dwarves will be EXTREMELY miserable after a while - they might even starve to death while training - I'm not sure. Either way, hit "e" to edit the order, and use the /*-+ buttons to set the minimum to something like 1 or 2 less than the number of dwarves you have in your squad.
--- End quote ---

At least now we know they don't starve to death. So, to re-condense my report:

Dwarves don't seem to stop training when their squad is disbanded.

Mephansteras:
One of my dwarves decided to train with two oak crossbows in his right hand (a buckler in his left). He had grown attached to one of them, but that doesn't explain why he thought he needed to hold two. Let only in the same hand.

Didn't seem to hinder his archery practice, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version