Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Military Bugs  (Read 38927 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Military Bugs
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »

What the... I hate this new military. I have barracks with two tiles entrance, and when there is an ambush and I give an order to kill the goblins those stupid broken dwarves are dancing in the entrance, like they could not go near the goblins. I tried to make other entrances, but nooo, they're just dancing near the barracks, stupid broken dwarves.

The best is to give a move order to hwhere you want to send them, a bit like in 40d

Also make sure they are inactive, and awaiting orders.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 01:16:58 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding military, let alone noticing the bugs. One thing I have seen however is starving military, they don't see how it's important to eat/drink anymore!

I second that. Another problem is that injured dwarves don't get treated or usually die due to thirst.
That, however, seems to be fixable with assigning someone who likes helping others to do nothing but help injured.
Still, this is a waste of a dorf when there's no injured to help, and they still won't get help if the helper is assigned other tasks.
Some priority change should be in order.

Same for military dorfs taking a drink rather than constantly dying due to thirst.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »

I cant make a new thread and i wont register to the bugtracker. ur fault :P

Version: 31.18 Lazynewbpack 6.0

Ive been sieged by goblins and they killed their goblin administrator and their troll administrator, after that it took me some effort to animate them to assault my fortress..

Erling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 06:39:37 pm »

Well, after two hours of reading instructions and ten attempts to make this $@#! schedule system work, new military system doesn't seem to be SO bad. But it's still bugged, that's truth.

I've managed to make two of my dwarves take crossbows and start practice. Having spent one full quiver of bolts each, they stopped (job status: "cannot follow orders"). Then I sent them for shooting local turkeys. They'd succeeded in this object, then filled they quivers again and had some practice at shooting target. And it happend again: after quivers had got empty, dorfs stopped training and status "cannot follow order" returned.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 03:24:42 pm »

This topic is named "[0.31.01] Military Bugs"
We have 0.31.21 now
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2011, 09:25:40 am »

Had an odd bug. I'm still on 31.18 though, so it's probably fixed. Got two ambushes during a dwarven caravan. Sent in all squads (roughly twenty dwarves, all legendary in something). They ripped through the goblins, but then turned on each other. Checked their happiness, and they were all at least content. So, i don't know what happened. I noticed that when killed, their clothing and items were forbidden, as if they had become invaders. But it's odd... I don't know what caused it or how to reproduce it.

[EDIT] - Apparently it is caused by causing soldiers to attack merchants from your home civ. Marks you as both a member and an enemy of that civ- so you have a civil war. So it was merely my mistake. :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:07:03 am by Reudh »

Froibo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2011, 03:21:20 pm »

I haven't had the drive to play since the 'new' release made military practically unmanageable.  I wanted to wait until some kinks were resolves but that doesn't seem likely to happen.  Not that I'm complaining, I love what this game is doing, but is there even a major focus right now on patching this broken system?  I feel like it should be replaced by the old one until they have a better grip on things.  Or is everything too woven in, where it is too late to go back?

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2011, 09:42:53 am »

I haven't had the drive to play since the 'new' release made military practically unmanageable.  I wanted to wait until some kinks were resolves but that doesn't seem likely to happen.  Not that I'm complaining, I love what this game is doing, but is there even a major focus right now on patching this broken system?  I feel like it should be replaced by the old one until they have a better grip on things.  Or is everything too woven in, where it is too late to go back?
If I'm honest with you I feel most of the new updates were completely pointless. Varieties of animals are fine, but is things like bee hives really so important that combat must be on the sidelines? Personally I still have some problems with healthcare ( You need to remove the traction benches or the dwarf stays on there forever, even if he heals up, from what I've observed )

I think too much has been emphasised on complexity for sake of complexity. And bugs have just been brushed under the carpet for trivial and random ideas like Bogeymen which came out of the blue and feel deeply shoe-horned in. 'Course this is just my two cents.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Ass_Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »

I've been having some trouble with my military dwarves killing each other. Story:

I trap 2 dwarven merchant animals, a yak bull and a donkey in a wall of fortifications. Once the merchants leave I send two archers to kill the animals. The yak bull runs around once being shot and dies of blood loss. I then set the order for the donkey to be killed which is on the other side of the wall. All of a sudden Archer 2 flies back a tile and is unconscious in serious pain. I send my melee military to see what is up. I realize it is Archer 1 shooting at Archer 2. Archer 2 dies and then the melee attacks Archer 1 while he is getting away. Melee 1 starts getting beat up and dies. And then Melee 2 dies and it just cycles out of control.

None of them went berzerk or anything, they just kept on killing each other. Civilians trying to pick up the wounded dying men were "interrupted by fighter." (Fighter being custom profession I use on all military men) There isn't any murder tabs on the justice tab. This happen to anyone else?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 07:03:44 pm »

I've been having some trouble with my military dwarves killing each other. Story:

I trap 2 dwarven merchant animals, a yak bull and a donkey in a wall of fortifications. Once the merchants leave I send two archers to kill the animals. The yak bull runs around once being shot and dies of blood loss. I then set the order for the donkey to be killed which is on the other side of the wall. All of a sudden Archer 2 flies back a tile and is unconscious in serious pain. I send my melee military to see what is up. I realize it is Archer 1 shooting at Archer 2. Archer 2 dies and then the melee attacks Archer 1 while he is getting away. Melee 1 starts getting beat up and dies. And then Melee 2 dies and it just cycles out of control.

None of them went berzerk or anything, they just kept on killing each other. Civilians trying to pick up the wounded dying men were "interrupted by fighter." (Fighter being custom profession I use on all military men) There isn't any murder tabs on the justice tab. This happen to anyone else?

Loyalty cascaude.  Your archer 1 attacked what was most likely your parents civ's animals.  He becaome an enemy whislt still being a member of your civ.  Archer 2 atked arch1, killing an enemy.  But being a mem of your civ, arch1 declared arch2 an enemy of your civ.  Melee 1 went to kill enemies of the civs, but all the enemies are friends, and hitting them makes him an enemy.  Every who attacks a friendly while they are allied will become an enemy, while not nessescarilly being removed form the 'ally' list.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:05:37 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]