Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

[0.31.01] Military Bugs

<< < (11/11)

Reudh:
Had an odd bug. I'm still on 31.18 though, so it's probably fixed. Got two ambushes during a dwarven caravan. Sent in all squads (roughly twenty dwarves, all legendary in something). They ripped through the goblins, but then turned on each other. Checked their happiness, and they were all at least content. So, i don't know what happened. I noticed that when killed, their clothing and items were forbidden, as if they had become invaders. But it's odd... I don't know what caused it or how to reproduce it.

[EDIT] - Apparently it is caused by causing soldiers to attack merchants from your home civ. Marks you as both a member and an enemy of that civ- so you have a civil war. So it was merely my mistake. :P

Froibo:
I haven't had the drive to play since the 'new' release made military practically unmanageable.  I wanted to wait until some kinks were resolves but that doesn't seem likely to happen.  Not that I'm complaining, I love what this game is doing, but is there even a major focus right now on patching this broken system?  I feel like it should be replaced by the old one until they have a better grip on things.  Or is everything too woven in, where it is too late to go back?

Nerserus:

--- Quote from: Froibo on September 17, 2011, 03:21:20 pm ---I haven't had the drive to play since the 'new' release made military practically unmanageable.  I wanted to wait until some kinks were resolves but that doesn't seem likely to happen.  Not that I'm complaining, I love what this game is doing, but is there even a major focus right now on patching this broken system?  I feel like it should be replaced by the old one until they have a better grip on things.  Or is everything too woven in, where it is too late to go back?

--- End quote ---
If I'm honest with you I feel most of the new updates were completely pointless. Varieties of animals are fine, but is things like bee hives really so important that combat must be on the sidelines? Personally I still have some problems with healthcare ( You need to remove the traction benches or the dwarf stays on there forever, even if he heals up, from what I've observed )

I think too much has been emphasised on complexity for sake of complexity. And bugs have just been brushed under the carpet for trivial and random ideas like Bogeymen which came out of the blue and feel deeply shoe-horned in. 'Course this is just my two cents.

Ass_Kraken:
I've been having some trouble with my military dwarves killing each other. Story:

I trap 2 dwarven merchant animals, a yak bull and a donkey in a wall of fortifications. Once the merchants leave I send two archers to kill the animals. The yak bull runs around once being shot and dies of blood loss. I then set the order for the donkey to be killed which is on the other side of the wall. All of a sudden Archer 2 flies back a tile and is unconscious in serious pain. I send my melee military to see what is up. I realize it is Archer 1 shooting at Archer 2. Archer 2 dies and then the melee attacks Archer 1 while he is getting away. Melee 1 starts getting beat up and dies. And then Melee 2 dies and it just cycles out of control.

None of them went berzerk or anything, they just kept on killing each other. Civilians trying to pick up the wounded dying men were "interrupted by fighter." (Fighter being custom profession I use on all military men) There isn't any murder tabs on the justice tab. This happen to anyone else?

pisskop:

--- Quote from: Ass_Kraken on July 31, 2012, 04:18:51 pm ---I've been having some trouble with my military dwarves killing each other. Story:

I trap 2 dwarven merchant animals, a yak bull and a donkey in a wall of fortifications. Once the merchants leave I send two archers to kill the animals. The yak bull runs around once being shot and dies of blood loss. I then set the order for the donkey to be killed which is on the other side of the wall. All of a sudden Archer 2 flies back a tile and is unconscious in serious pain. I send my melee military to see what is up. I realize it is Archer 1 shooting at Archer 2. Archer 2 dies and then the melee attacks Archer 1 while he is getting away. Melee 1 starts getting beat up and dies. And then Melee 2 dies and it just cycles out of control.

None of them went berzerk or anything, they just kept on killing each other. Civilians trying to pick up the wounded dying men were "interrupted by fighter." (Fighter being custom profession I use on all military men) There isn't any murder tabs on the justice tab. This happen to anyone else?

--- End quote ---

Loyalty cascaude.  Your archer 1 attacked what was most likely your parents civ's animals.  He becaome an enemy whislt still being a member of your civ.  Archer 2 atked arch1, killing an enemy.  But being a mem of your civ, arch1 declared arch2 an enemy of your civ.  Melee 1 went to kill enemies of the civs, but all the enemies are friends, and hitting them makes him an enemy.  Every who attacks a friendly while they are allied will become an enemy, while not nessescarilly being removed form the 'ally' list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version