Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [minor spoilers]  (Read 70282 times)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [spoileriffic]
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 01:32:05 pm »

Very nice.  I like how the wings give him a "cape" of sorts.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »

If anybody find a more bassass guy then Asax in the next year and a half before the next DF, I don't want to hear about it. The awesome that is Asax is already mind blowing, and my chief of medical staff recommended against too much epic a day.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 08:50:50 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Cacame Apebalded would like to speak. Unfortunately, he's busy attempting to barter with god for Asax to come back to life. Thus far the contract is being drawn up by their respective lawyers and is going to be compromised on wendsday the 15 of april, 2010. We expect to have Asax back by next month, if all goes well for god. If not, He'll be back next week, as there won't be any god left to keep him dead.

-Captain Ironblood,
Edited by Morul Cattenmat
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 08:51:14 pm »

My first post. That tomb had better have an artifact sculpture of Asax in it.

In memory.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:05 pm »

That's amazing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:10 pm »

I wonder, has anybody yet to make a wiki article?

I mean in this time when people are looking for information on how things work, what goes were, and how to get the stupid dwarves to spar, I think it is of the highest importants we inform them about Asax.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 09:51:31 pm »

...I can't believe it.
There was a goblin ambush.  Master lasher Atu Wraithwhipped managed to do what three of the most appalling abominations in all of creation, two of them immortals, failed to; kill Âsax.  Âsax defended the fortress as nobly as any of my actual soldiers, but evidently, his specialty was in dealing with freakish behemoths, not armed, armored goblins.
Those gobbo bastards managed to kill two of my most popular and useful dwarves as well; I may be looking at a fatal tantrum spiral thanks to them.
What a strange little tale.  Atu Wraithwhipped... I'll remember that name, and if the fortress falls, I've got a goblin to hunt down in Adventurer mode.

Okay. Somebody upload that save. Seriously, we need his Wiki Information. He's too bad ass.

Once we get the Legends info on this guy who killed 3, if not more, forgotten beasts, then we make his article. He is FAR too bad ass to simply disappear.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:14 pm »

...I can't believe it.
There was a goblin ambush.  Master lasher Atu Wraithwhipped managed to do what three of the most appalling abominations in all of creation, two of them immortals, failed to; kill Âsax.  Âsax defended the fortress as nobly as any of my actual soldiers, but evidently, his specialty was in dealing with freakish behemoths, not armed, armored goblins.
Those gobbo bastards managed to kill two of my most popular and useful dwarves as well; I may be looking at a fatal tantrum spiral thanks to them.
What a strange little tale.  Atu Wraithwhipped... I'll remember that name, and if the fortress falls, I've got a goblin to hunt down in Adventurer mode.

Okay. Somebody upload that save. Seriously, we need his Wiki Information. He's too bad ass.

Once we get the Legends info on this guy who killed 3, if not more, forgotten beasts, then we make his article. He is FAR too bad ass to simply disappear.
...Sorry, there isn't any, really.  Copying everything worthy of note in his legends description.  Âsax is goblin for Masterjails, by the way, since the underground peoples use goblin as their communication language.

Masterjails was a cave swallow man born in 1042.  He was of unknown parentage.

In the early autumn of 1053, Masterjails mortally wounded the forgotten beast Rusmo Mournfulcackled, who suffocated, with Squareluck the Tones of Safety in Reignstake.

[Yes, Âsax was 11 years old when he killed Rusmo.]

In the early summer of 1054, Moroserivers the Decent Salve received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

In the early summer of 1054, The Cyclopean Tar received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

[So on and so forth for many pages...]

In the early spring of 1055, Masterjails bled to death, slain by the goblin Atu Wraithwhipped with a silver whip in Reignstake.

Yeah, that's pretty much his entire life according to legends mode.  It misses the months spent fighting undying abominations of ash and coral, though, dodging attack after attack, without suffering anything worse than a broken toe, but there isn't much to say about him.  He only had thirteen years of life, though with them, he achieved more than the average elf does in a thousand.

I think the sheer ordinariness of him makes him all the more awesome.  He wasn't chosen by some mighty god, or born to some ancient lineage.  He did not wield mighty artifacts or arcane magics.  He was a cave swallowman with a fungiwood spear and a tunnel tube shield, who dared to challenge the unspeakable... and won.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:23:55 pm by KillerClowns »
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The most awesome Cave Swallowman ever [minor spoilers]
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2010, 10:29:53 pm »

Well yeah, obviously.  All that chosen one crap comes after the fact once he's been deified and everyone who actually knew him is long gone.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »

Iton McMason: So, Urist, how goes the sparing?
Urist McHammerdwarf: Well, Iton, it would be going well, but we have a small mishap and now I can't train due to a bruised toe.
Iton McMason: Bah, you call that an excuse! Asax was fighting forgotten beasts with a shredded toe, AT THE AGE OF 11! YOUR 63 MAN! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND GET OUT THERE!

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »

Urist McHammerdwarf: Well, Iton, it would be going well, but we have a small mishap and now I can't train due to a bruised toe.
Iton McMason: Bah, you call that an excuse! Asax was fighting forgotten beasts with a shredded toe, AT THE AGE OF 11! YOUR 63 MAN! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND GET OUT THERE!
Urist McHammerdwarf: Who are you to talk? You were in bed for six months with only a black eye!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2010, 11:07:08 pm »

Can we get the whole list of his weapon's many names?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »

Urist McHammerdwarf: Who are you to talk? You were in bed for six months with only a black eye!

Monom McMedicaldwarf: Aye, ye both be soft! Were it not for the scratch on my left ear I would thrash you both!

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:00 pm »

...I can't believe it.

...Sorry, there isn't any, really.  Copying everything worthy of note in his legends description.  Âsax is goblin for Masterjails, by the way, since the underground peoples use goblin as their communication language.

Masterjails was a cave swallow man born in 1042.  He was of unknown parentage.

In the early autumn of 1053, Masterjails mortally wounded the forgotten beast Rusmo Mournfulcackled, who suffocated, with Squareluck the Tones of Safety in Reignstake.

[Yes, Âsax was 11 years old when he killed Rusmo.]

In the early summer of 1054, Moroserivers the Decent Salve received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

In the early summer of 1054, The Cyclopean Tar received its name in Reignstake from Masterjails.

[So on and so forth for many pages...]

In the early spring of 1055, Masterjails bled to death, slain by the goblin Atu Wraithwhipped with a silver whip in Reignstake.

Yeah, that's pretty much his entire life according to legends mode.  It misses the months spent fighting undying abominations of ash and coral, though, dodging attack after attack, without suffering anything worse than a broken toe, but there isn't much to say about him.  He only had thirteen years of life, though with them, he achieved more than the average elf does in a thousand.

I think the sheer ordinariness of him makes him all the more awesome.  He wasn't chosen by some mighty god, or born to some ancient lineage.  He did not wield mighty artifacts or arcane magics.  He was a cave swallowman with a fungiwood spear and a tunnel tube shield, who dared to challenge the unspeakable... and won.

Making the page for him. But seriously, get us the full list of names for his spears and shields.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Asax
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:29:19 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2010, 11:50:49 pm »

Not to shabby! Although it should mention he did such an impressive task with nothing more then a wooden spear a shield, weapons that dwarves consider only worth training with.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10