Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Search for The Waning Diamonds of 31_x  (Read 1945 times)

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Search for The Waning Diamonds of 31_x
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:28:37 pm »

Those who do not know of Tholtig, are missing out on an epic that includes nearly 8000 dead elves and a cyclops.

I've wondered if 31_x will give us another Tholtig. So far, I found Inod Speartreaty the Walled Autonomy of Mortification, whose crossbow scored kills of mostly kidnapped and brainwashed humans, the goblins who controlled them, and the occasional sad dwarf whose tale of sorrow couldn't be ignored in their bleak empty eyes as they attacked. He never took any kind of command, but of all dwarves in the world he killed the most named creatures and beings, 217 either with a crossbow bolt or being bashed by the crossbow.

I'm still searching, thus I haven't really gone further into Inod's story.

Does anyone else have a tale of a Legends generated Tholtig wannabe?
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Search for The Waning Diamonds of 31_x
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »

There should probably be separate categories for mortal sentients (Dwarves, Humans, Kobolds, etc) and immortal sentients (Elves, Goblins, Megabeasts, etc); 8000 kills is more impressive when you only have about 100-200 years in which to do it.

Anyways, I'm definitely going to be giving this a try.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:52:07 pm »

Oh, I'm just searching for the true lifeform, Dwarves.

And I've never seen a Kobold with a title.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:59 pm »

"Walled Autonomy of Mortification" sounds like a euphemism for a coffin.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.