Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Woah, I just did something amazing..  (Read 29060 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Woah, I just did something amazing..
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:45:29 am »

I just had one of my dwarves...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I've got 1 unit in my stocks! There's been some kind of scientific breakthrough in the latest version, and it's amazing. 

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woah, I just did something amazing..
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:04:13 am »

What... it works now? Actual cow milking? The cows are regular non-vermin creatures and the milk is real cheeseable cow's milk? I'm seriously impressed now...
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:11:15 am »

Cow... milk? Cheese? Does that mean you can make like camel and goat cheest too? You can do so much with animals now... bones, leather, food, milk, soap...

Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 06:20:56 am »

Just tried it too - farmer's workshop now has milk creature job. Upon using it, farmer went and grabbed horse for milking.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:22:26 am »

Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:24:12 am »

Wat.
Dont ask. Obviously they produce the substance, from which 'horse cheese' comes.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:28:04 am »

grabbed horse for milking.

Wat.

The farmer (who was no doubt a milker, as in a dwarf with the milking labour enabled), went to a horse (as in walked to the horse, which itself is a four legged mammal bred for transport and burden) took hold of it and started milking it (as in extracting the calcium rich liquid extract from the mammary glands of said horse).  :P

Seriously though, milking horses is hardly unheard of. The mongols did it, and they were able to conquer most of asia.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:40:17 am »

Gross warning:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:29 am »

*hands out brain bleach* You just had to, didn't you?

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:26:20 am »

*applies brain bleach on the head*
Looks like those cheese maker have finally earned their way out of redshirt squad now it seems...another great source for food with all that complication with farming now!!!
just imagine....
This is a stack of 20 Cow cheese roast. The ingredients are minced Cow cheese, minced Cow cheese, minced Cow cheese and finely minced Cow cheese.
*salivates*
EDIT: typoes
EDIT2: Why not try to determine that how often creatures can be milked...I'm smelling a possible exploit here...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:32:56 am by NoctisVampire »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 08:19:14 am »

So, does this mean... all those items with images of cheese ingraved on them will make sense after all this time? :o
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:09 am »

In the film adaptation of Ronja Robber's Daughter, there's a scene where Ronja milks a horse.

Atleast they milked a horse instead of a bull.
"Durr, there's only one of those things that you pull, and so little comes out..."
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 08:36:30 am »

we have to find a way to capture and breed mermaids

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 08:39:25 am »

*applies brain bleach on the head*
Looks like those cheese maker have finally earned their way out of redshirt squad now it seems...another great source for food with all that complication with farming now!!!
just imagine....
This is a stack of 20 Cow cheese roast. The ingredients are minced Cow cheese, minced Cow cheese, minced Cow cheese and finely minced Cow cheese.
*salivates*
EDIT: typoes
EDIT2: Why not try to determine that how often creatures can be milked...I'm smelling a possible exploit here...
It seems to me like once a month the milk regenerates, and giving birth doesn't lead to increased milk output, unfortunately. If the output was more than 1 milk I could have a nice cheese roast industry.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:52 am »

(...)
It seems to me like once a month the milk regenerates, and giving birth doesn't lead to increased milk output, unfortunately. If the output was more than 1 milk I could have a nice cheese roast industry.

For me it seems that it is once a season.
Also I have produced cow cheese[2] somewhat, I am sure it didn't came from merchants. Either the cow produced stack of 2 milk, or milker stacked the milk from 2 cows into one stack, or cheese maker stacked the cheese. 
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10