Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: DF2010 - Bronze Colossuses, too hardcore?  (Read 11565 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 - Bronze Colossuses, too hardcore?
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:21 pm »

Ok... all that argument does, if anything, is support my assertion that Slade isn't mythical.  Because mythical things can be used, but Slade can't.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2010, 11:53:54 pm »

Ok... all that argument does, if anything, is support my assertion that Slade isn't mythical.  Because mythical things can be used, but Slade can't.

Therefor implying that iron is mythical.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2010, 12:13:23 am »

I don't know... Have you ever seen anything made out of Iron? Usually I just see steel.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 12:15:32 am »

I don't know... Have you ever seen anything made out of Iron? Usually I just see steel.
My god, THE IRON IS A LIE!!!

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 12:26:44 am »

I dunno,bronze is kind of weak.I think we need a steel or adamantium colossus.That's made of metal that regenerates when its lopped off.You know,because the bronze ones just aren't challenging enough.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2010, 12:28:25 am »

An adam one would not be able to die. ever. It would be able to move in water and resist magma. Dragon fire may be able to melt it, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:27 am »

An adam one would not be able to die. ever. It would be able to move in water and resist magma. Dragon fire may be able to melt it, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

then all that would be left to do is to mod in building destroyer 3,making it able to destroy walls and fortifications.Now that would be a tad difficult to survive.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:38:30 am by SIGVARDR »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2010, 12:37:10 am »

The logic, it burns mine eyes.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2010, 12:39:57 am »

For the person with the bronze collossus saying he doesnt want to pump magma up 150 z-levels...

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Instead of bringing the magma to the Collossus, bring the collosus to the magma!

Dig a huge hole beneath the room he is in (150 tiles of digging isnt that bad!) and then collapse something on his head :P

Helps if you can fix him to one spot somehow, of course.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:50 am »

Helps if you can fix him to one spot somehow, of course.
A cage made of soap?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2010, 12:47:22 am »

Would an adamantine colossus be able to survive being dropped several hundred Z's, then having a fortress dropped several hundred Z's onto him?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:42 am »

Would an adamantine colossus be able to survive being dropped several hundred Z's, then having a fortress dropped several hundred Z's onto him?

If an adamantine colossus falls hundreds of z levels and has a fortress dropped on him,is anyone still alive to find out if he's dead?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:53 am »

Such an attack would wipe out the entire U.S Eastern Seaboard if done in reality. If that couldn't kill an adamantium colossus, nothing can.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:17 am »

In fact dropping any piece of natural stone on any creature should slay it instantly.

I am talking about a prepared chamber, say 5x5, sealed with raising bridges. BC goes inside, bridges raise. Dwarf channels away the last big holding a 5x5 section of natural stone up and the stone slams down perfectly fitting into the room.

This should kill anything in the game, at any time, no matter what, forever. If you can get it into this room and drop the ceiling on it, you can kill it.

Just make sure it can't fly out if its a dragon or something.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]