Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

[0.31.01] Military forces are just to weak

(1/13) > >>

Spectre:
I was training a 9 dwarves strong squad for over a year and just now my jeweler went beserk because i dont have any gems dug out. So I sent them in to do a little policing, but they just cant get him.
They battle now for ~over 2 months against a dwarf with no military skills and they lose slowly.
I have 2 recruits with mayor injuries while the beserk dwarf only sustained some mangeld fingers and heals his bruises!
Meanwhile I seem to suceed in starving him to death, as all dwarves in that battle are now starving and dehydrated.
And some of those recuits even started they military career with average skills in fighting or armor-using.

Considering that I wanted to train them so I could explore the underground...
It seems I wouldnt get 2 feets into the first cavern. That is simply not fun.

Qiu:
Maybe your jeweler is superdwarvenly agile/tough ?  :o

Spectre:
I checked him after he went berserk. Since he was an enemy at this point, all I got was a description where it said he was fat. I looked just now and it says he has 'bulky muscles'  :-\

And one of my recruits just bleed out...

You would think 9 dwarves with at least a slightly military training and leather armor could finish a civilian before they died of thirst, which I now expect every second.

I think I should abandon this lot of elves...

Edit: Just now my second jeweler got possessed, runs strait trough the fighting mob and starts demanding gems..
2Edit: My bersek jeweler has now so much muscles, that his body got upgraded to 'large'. Just now he put down 2 recruits in quick succession, so that they wont stand up again for quite some time.

Rotten:
Are your military wrestlers? Because wrestlers are way underpowered compared to the last version (if I remember correctly, purposefully). I had one punch a berserk soap maker about 30 times, barely bruising him. An axe dwarf then came up and killed the guy in one swipe. Wrestlers really do need a boost.

Spectre:
Yeah they are wrestlers, but so is the jeweler.
And just know they finaly killed him! And I only lost 2 of 9 dwarfes with 3 more dwarfs being in the hospital. And nobody starved while fighting! Allthoug all my wrestlers are rushing to the foodstockpiles right now.
If you ask me, there is something mayor not right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version