Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just how wealthy is YOUR fortress? Show off here!  (Read 2375 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just how wealthy is YOUR fortress? Show off here!
« on: December 09, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »

How much is your fortress worth? Hit [z] and reply with your total created wealth. If nothing happens when you hit [z], make sure Dwarf Fortress is running and has focus.     ;)

My fortress presently has 1,583,369 created wealth and is in its tenth year.

Weapons: 16,000
Armor and Garb: 20,525
Furniture: 250,012
Other Objects: 777,499
Architecture: 283,279
Displayed: 81,484
Held/Worn: 154,560

[ December 09, 2007: Message edited by: FFLaguna ]

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just how wealthy is YOUR fortress? Show off here!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

Wow, do you have no Platinum or Aluminum?

7,774,231 created wealth in the fourth year.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »

952,674 created wealth in 4th year.
The best I could do with almost no gems, very little metal. This mountain is worthless!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:48:00 pm »

I think this is ten years. Created 4.7M worth of whatever, giving much of it away. Most of it was probably stone crafts to clean out the inside of the mountain.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 01:15:00 am »

What the heck??? I only created 900,000 on my last fort, after playing for about 6 years, and trying as hard as I could to make wealth. Of course, all I had was copper (seriously no other metal other than some bits of aluminum). I tried to create tons of masterwork stone furniture and engravings everywhere, along with outdoor constructions, both towers and roads.

I wish Imported wealth would get fixed so it wasn't always 30x exported wealth (its due to migrants' clothing).

P.S. to the person above me: How did you export so much? Did you do offerings to the caravans, or was it always a nearly even trade? Also, how was your FPS after playing for so many years, with so many dwarves?

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: DDouble ]

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 01:31:00 am »

Not very impressive right now.
Created Wealth is 2,845,883
A good chunk of that is an artifact aluminum chain mail. Could be higher once I use the valuable metals for something, but I refuse to use them until I have a legendary metalsmith. Might have to train one up if I go past too many moods without one.

8 or 9th year currently.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 01:38:00 am »

Last version I had a fort up to something like 10 million before it too deeped, not counting the adamantine stuff it was probibly around 8.5M or so, I dunno. Only ran it that long because I wanted to get the king and it takes forever to collect all the nobles.

This version... I think my max was around 1 mil. I tend to get bored of forts alot faster this version so they never get worth very much. If you were trying it should be quite easy to pick a limestone (or chalk) mountain and chop the whole thing down and turn it into steel platemails, which are incredibly valuable and the components of steel are surprisingly common.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 03:41:00 am »

Around 10 million in the old version for me.

Fort worth is still easily broken right now. I got a small fort up to several million in a rather short period of time with stuff like this:
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arrows2dt3.png

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 05:34:00 am »

Ah, Mr.DDouble, I had used adjuststart to accelerate my beginnings so that I had 150 dwarves at the start. I eventually had approximately 250 dwarves at one point, and FPS was approximately 8. When I placed my mayor into the position of Captain of the Guard, however, this seemed to have caused the deaths of a hundred dwarves.

Currently, FPS generally hovers around 9-20. It seems to be largely influenced by how much floor I've designated for smoothing/engraving and how many plants/trees I've designated for harvest.

If I can recall correctly, the FPS actually wasn't too bad with 150 dwarves at the start. I think that sorting through the large array of jobs probably has a larger influence upon the frame rate.

Much of my export is probably goblin clothing and stone crafts. Trades are extraordinarily uneven, I'm usually giving away as much as possible, but not always as "offers". I'm often buying everything that I could possibly want from the caravans, including all metal bars, bags, leather, bears, cloth, weapons, and metal armour, and giving them 100000* profits. I'm generally hoping that they'll decide to bring more goods the following year. I once counted seven wagons from the human caravan.

Anyway, here's the latest incarnation of my fort:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75564047/Sabreguild.rar

Includes the latest dwarfort.exe executable, plus SL's map compressor.

And a relatively outdated link on the map archive:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-1641

mwoody450

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »

Starting with obsidian layers, plus an early strange mood resulting in a legendary stonecrafter, will easily net you several million in worth in no time.  600 monies mugs ftw!