Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 57260 times)

Pathos

Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.16 )
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 09:11:33 pm »

Remember, people, kobbs can only dig through soil!

This is true! They only HAVE shovels.

Huh and I thought I'd have to wait longer, I'll update my Langauge thing in a bit.  I wonder if he added more symbols and words though.

-ponders-

EDIT:   Oh also, since we now have custom workshops and custom "other" reactions think we can see the return of the leather beds?
It looks like you could even set it to use/train the "Leatherworking" skill.

I saw that was already though of, I'm screwing around with reactions right now to see if I can make the bed and bed workshop.

The only trouble is that no language is as awesome as the kobolds random syllables.

Also, good initiative! We need more people like you and roqi.

My biggest beef with it is that it is impossible to build so many workshops, because the kobolds lack SO MANY skills. I mean seriously, they don't even have masonry?

To be fair, that's the point. If you're digging into rock, you're doing something wrong.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:02 pm »

Yeah the Language thing is a personal flavor choice, I envision them as a tribal people, tribes have language and all that fun stuff.

Eitherway, that's just my play style. 

Right now I'm trying to create a world for Kobold Camp, but I keep getting rejects one that crops up alot is

Code: [Select]
The Windy Universe, region1: No controllable entity definitions available'

There we go, had to up the cave count.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:29:47 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »

My biggest beef with it is that it is impossible to build so many workshops, because the kobolds lack SO MANY skills. I mean seriously, they don't even have masonry?
all wood, baby

They can't dig into stone.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 11:33:03 pm »

Well I abandoned the reaction/workshop for now, trying out Nobles since it looks like you just C&P and edit to fit society....

Here's what I have assuming it works

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now to test, at least the early guys.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:36:00 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.165 )
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 01:07:17 am »

When you say they can't dig into stone, I hope you mean that I must use the honor system and not dig into stone. I was more than capable to dig stone, ore, gems, etc.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:01 am »

Generally the no-stone digging is a self-imposed rule.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 02:40:59 am »

The old kobold camp used to be all I played, probably going to be the same for this one. I have a full set of kobold graphics if anyone is interested.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 03:04:30 am »

Huh and I thought I'd have to wait longer, I'll update my Langauge thing in a bit.  I wonder if he added more symbols and words though.

-ponders-

EDIT:   Oh also, since we now have custom workshops and custom "other" reactions think we can see the return of the leather beds?
It looks like you could even set it to use/train the "Leatherworking" skill.

I saw that was already though of, I'm screwing around with reactions right now to see if I can make the bed and bed workshop.

The only trouble is that no language is as awesome as the kobolds random syllables.

We seriously need a language file full of grlfbnlum. I want to be able to name camps.

There we go, had to up the cave count.

Did it work?

The old kobold camp used to be all I played, probably going to be the same for this one. I have a full set of kobold graphics if anyone is interested.

Somebody needs to figure out how to insert them, if anything. D'you think the author will be mad if I make a Doctor Kob sprite editing the old cutebold graphics? I don't remember who made them.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 03:07:17 am »

I've been trying to sort out some fur-making and leather-bed-producing raws, but they don't really want to cooperate.  I'll post here if I finish them.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:26 am »

When you say they can't dig into stone, I hope you mean that I must use the honor system and not dig into stone.
If you're willing to impose playing kobolds on yourself, surely you can decide to only dig into soil.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 04:28:11 am »

So, each time I try to make a world it gets to the placeing of civilizations then rejects the world and starts over. Anyone know how I can fix that? I'd really like to start tormenting some kobolds.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:19:10 am by LordFrank »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:00 am »

OKAY.  I got them working properly.

First, add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FUR_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FUR] to SKIN_TEMPLATE in material_template_default.txt.

Now add [ADD_MATERIAL:FUR:TANNED_FUR_TEMPLATE] to the bottom of [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] in b_detail_plan_default.

Next, add the following to either material_template_default.txt or a new material_template file if you want to keep them seperate.

Now create a new reaction file, and paste in:

Lastly, create a new building file and paste in the following:

You should now be able to tan skin at the Furrier's Shop for fur, which can then be used to make leather goods at the Leatherworker's shop or turned into bedding at the Furrier's shop.
Also known as Zuhayr.

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 04:47:29 am »

you forgot to add the entrys that allow them for the civilization ;) Code in spoiler
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:56:30 am by robfd »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 05:11:52 am »

Whoops, so I did!  Thanks for pointing that out.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Pathos

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 06:15:33 am »

So, each time I try to make a world it gets to the placeing of civilizations then rejects the world and starts over. Anyone know how I can fix that? I'd really like to start tormenting some kobolds.

Make more caves for world creation.

Well I abandoned the reaction/workshop for now, trying out Nobles since it looks like you just C&P and edit to fit society....

Here's what I have assuming it works

Now to test, at least the early guys.

Very nice! Added to the version, it'll be released in about an hour.

OKAY.  I got them working properly.

First, add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FUR_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FUR] to SKIN_TEMPLATE in material_template_default.txt.

Now add [ADD_MATERIAL:FUR:TANNED_FUR_TEMPLATE] to the bottom of [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] in b_detail_plan_default.

Next, add the following to either material_template_default.txt or a new material_template file if you want to keep them seperate.

Now create a new reaction file, and paste in:

Lastly, create a new building file and paste in the following:

You should now be able to tan skin at the Furrier's Shop for fur, which can then be used to make leather goods at the Leatherworker's shop or turned into bedding at the Furrier's shop.

Beautiful!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26