Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't change levels?  (Read 1925 times)

Gryndyl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't change levels?
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:20 am »

Used to play pretty regularly back in the 2d days. Just downloaded the newest version. Rather than starting on my dwarves my opening view seems to be deep inside a mountain somewhere. As best I can tell, I'm 44 levels down. Are my dwarves up above enjoying the sun? Maybe. Everything I look at tells me that < and > move the view up and down levels but these are doing absolutely nothing. Any suggestions?

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Re: Can't change levels?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:27:58 am »

Used to play pretty regularly back in the 2d days. Just downloaded the newest version. Rather than starting on my dwarves my opening view seems to be deep inside a mountain somewhere. As best I can tell, I'm 44 levels down. Are my dwarves up above enjoying the sun? Maybe. Everything I look at tells me that < and > move the view up and down levels but these are doing absolutely nothing. Any suggestions?

Try SHIFT plus > and <. If that doesn't work check your keybinding by hitting ESC.
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

Surray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't change levels?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:26 am »

if you're using Mayday's graphics thing, the keys are changed. no idea what they are.
for me (eu layout) it's ; and :

also, press F1 to zoom to your starting location.

it can sometimes put the camera deep down when you start due to some event happening there on arrival, such as a cave-in.