Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prisoner application  (Read 745 times)

Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prisoner application
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:10:00 am »

So I have this new siege-new-goblins-for-the-cages spawn, and I get this idea, how about... SLAVES. Goblin slaves, kobold slaves, whatever we got. Say 1 chain + a prisoner of war = working slave that has no need for food. Of course the Dungeon Master would be uber-extatic.
urrently digging fortress #9.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner application
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:15:00 am »

Well, you can currently train them into pets (with a little modding), but they won't do any work unless you do some switcheroo modding after that.

And I daresay this does sound fun.  Similar topics have been discussed before, so I think the community feels somewhat the same way.  Having a nice kobold slave cleaning up around the dining room would be fun to see, although some dwarves may resent the act of slavery.  

It'll also give a use to those olmmen and lizardmen I picked up in my underground river.  Aside from selling them or putting them in a zoo or an arena, there's not much I can do with them.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>
It'll also give a use to those olmmen and lizardmen I picked up in my underground river.  Aside from selling them or putting them in a zoo or an arena, there's not much I can do with them.</STRONG>

How about a petting zoo?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

I like it. It also fits kinda-sorta with the army arc. Taking Prisoners of war.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

This has been suggested numberous times.  There is even a thread around mentioning enslaving the elves to chop down trees.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 02:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Having a nice kobold slave cleaning up around the dining room would be fun to see, although some dwarves may resent the act of slavery.  </STRONG>

Only if the dwarves are also slaves.  Heck, depending on technology levels, the kobold might be living the high life now.  Besides, I don't think DF is ready to give dwarves political views, and might not ever be ready for that.

Oh my.  I just had a thought:
Olim Glidthok cancels Haul Item: Attending Political Protest.

Or better yet:
Olim Glidthok cancels Chain Large Animal: Starting Political Protest.

Would this be realistic, considering medieval earth's views on slavery?  Heck.  No.  Would it be shocking and possibly really cool, and possibly super annoying?  It just might.  I don't think I'd like to see it, due to the jarring modernity of it all, but it would be kinda cool.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster