Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No Wagons (DF 0.31.01)  (Read 14104 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
No Wagons (DF 0.31.01)
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:55 pm »

I have recieved NO WAGONS at all, period. I have gotten no notifications of wagons being unable to access my civ. But it is still vexing, even if I am getting all my necessary stuff.

I have a road with ramps up the mountain side allowing for them to go up the mountain, so this is not the problem. And yes, I'm sure it works, it's a paved road with stones. 3 wide, and I double checked for wagon access.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: No Wagons (DF 0.31.01)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »

Before you embarked did the civ screen say that you had access to them?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:21 pm »

Before you embarked did the civ screen say that you had access to them?

I'm pretty sure it did... I know I've got access to 3 civs. But you're saying location determines now if wagons can get at you AT ALL?

edit: Also, I'm on the southern edge of my own civilization. There are mountains and stuff... but they're DEFINITELY able to get at me >_>; I know this for fact.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:37:56 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:12:55 am »

Are there still no wagons in DF 0.31.03?

I am not getting any wagons and I most certainly have access to civs and depot access to wagons.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:14 am »

How many years passed? I read somewhere that Dwarf civs start sending wagons around Year 3 or 4.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:15:02 pm »

I have yet to recive wagons at ALL dispite having an awesome road to the edge of the map. Maybe I havent stayied at my fort long enough but iv gotten sieges so I dunno.....
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:40 pm »

IIRC traders will no longer bring wagons though the pack animals they bring will carry enough goods and wagons will return when there are proper vehicles. I found this in the creature_equipment "raw" reguarding the future of wagons,
Wagons-as-creatures is most likely going to be replaced once moving siege engines are in, so we'll just use a generic "wood" material here instead of worrying about coding up race glosses again.
Not sure if any of that helps to clear this up.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:47:24 pm by Nirreln »
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 10:24:10 pm »

Pack animals currently carry the same capacity that they did before 0.31, but considering the weights of objects have been reconfigured, for the most part to be (much) lighter, they can haul far more objects than they ever have and thus negating the need for a wagon (which I presume only start getting used once the trade goods exceed the capacity of a certain number of pack animals).  You could probably play with the raws a bit, modifying the trade capacity of the pack animals to your satisfaction, but ultimately it's not all that necessary mechanics-wise as you shouldn't be missing much.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:27:40 am »

Some have suggested that this is because [WAGON_PULLER] has been removed from every creature except the muskox, so if your humans and dwarves don't have access to a tundra, they get no wagons.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 11:35:31 am »

Then why doesn't your new embarks start off with muskox install of the cows/horses/mules/donkeys?
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 11:50:17 am »

In the case of dwarves, presumably because muskoxen aren't common domestic animals. But my testing into that direction hasn't actually panned out - I started with two horses when I made them wagon pullers, but I still didn't get any wagons. There seem to be additional factors at work.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 01:04:49 pm »

Well, if there are no wagons in the merchant trains, it makes it much easier to defend the depot. At least until wagons show back up again.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

SwiftSpear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »

I'm guessing it's related to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52128.0

The wagons don't come any more, but the donkey's have all the stuff that would normally be on the wagon (plus a whole bunch more) loaded onto them.
laceholder Signature

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 12:01:32 pm »

i was worried about this as well for a long time and just now found out that they where removed  :o
Back to Mafia with me!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 02:45:07 pm »

Huh? I  swear I got some wagons on one fort when I had played long enough for the dwarven caravan to show up.
Pages: [1] 2