Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did this guy just want an excuse to kill me?  (Read 702 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Did this guy just want an excuse to kill me?
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:56:55 pm »

I just started a new adventurer, and got a mission from the Warlord in my starting town. He tells me to go kill some beast with a long title, called (I think) a taut grey fiend (something like that...). I go to the location he said, and realize it's a town. I figure it's just an enemy town and the thing joined them. I find him, and talk to him. I kill him (he was described as a skinless mongoose twisted into human form, wtf) and go back to my starting town. The guy who GAVE ME THE MISSION proceeds to threaten me and then attacks me. What the hell? I'm absolutely sure I killed the right thing, I even checked the name.

EDIT: Oh, and a random question: how do I unequip things?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:58:52 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
Re: Did this guy just want an excuse to kill me?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »

It's a known bug. Toady found it himself, as he wrote in the dev log some time ago. He just didn't get to fixing it yet.

Oh, and a random question: how do I unequip things?
Look for a key to "remove" if it's part of clothing, and if it is a weapon or shield, just drop it or put it inside your backpack.