Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

[0.31.01] 'Deadly Rain' Test and Report

(1/7) > >>

Nikov:
'Deadly Rain', that is, rainfall which causes dwarves to melt to death, is a known little bug that I would like to arrange a group test of. My hypothesis is that exposed lava causes rain to heat up. Please only answer if you have temperature enabled.

Real quick reporting and testing thread.

1. You have deadly rainfall and exposed lava.
2. You have deadly rain, but no visible lava.
3. You have normal rain with exposed lava.
4. You have normal rain with no visible lava.

You can vote a maximum of four times, allowing you to check all that apply. If you can, go out and embark at lava, away from lava, on scorching terrain without lava, ect. Report findings in here. If Toady hasn't already started on this, we might be able to give him a good head start in finding the source of the problem. If he already has, this redundant thread can be deleted.

warwizard:
#4 normal rain no lava exposed.

shadowclasper:
Might be helpful if you also added in Biom info. I think it's related to getting pelted with super heated water in bioms near the "hot end" of the world map.

KaelGotDwarves:
Basically, if your dwarves start melting for no reason, start telling us about your embark.

I actively TRIED to replicate this bug, to no avail. I've tried many different embarks, no surface magma, moderate temperature so far.

Rumors have been flying around the net that it may be caused by water contaminates, because of sea spray sometimes liquidifying dwarves in the same fashion, or use of graphics sets, though I don't know why that would be an issue.

Mattex:
Could it instead be heat, not rain? with the new body system could the "melting point" of things be set too low, so that too much heat would melt them?

So far ive embarked on freezing/cool/temperate which all started with no magma exposed and no melting when it rained. after exposing magma - still no melting.

PS: I'm a newbie when it comes to raws and the like, so im just guessing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version