Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Desperate Measures.  (Read 540 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Desperate Measures.
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:24:00 am »

So, you're starving. There's no vermin. You're cooped up with someone you utterly hate.  What do you do? Eat the bastard! If your dwarves are starving, and you've got little to no hope of recovery, I think it'd be.. Interesting to see dwarves turn on each other and have a *Dwarf-tallow roast*.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
Re: Desperate Measures.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

There are rumours of a "hot coffee" patch that will re-enable all the cannibalism and explicit lewdness back into the game.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Mikademus ]

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:00:00 am »

Veeery funny.

It was funny, though, having all these people raving about how the patch was harmful to the children.  Typical.  

Mind you, car theft, embezzlement, prostitution, mindless violence, reckless driving and smuggling of illegal drugs is in no way harmful to children.  Sex that doesn't even show genitalia?  EGADS! What is this world coming to?

And then there's Postal.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

Dwarf cannibalism discussion: Minimal.

The spinning Adamantine Bolt hits the topic in the lower body!
It is mangled!
The topic's relevance has been shattered!
The topic has been struck down.

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

Considering dwarves are normally covered in an assortment of grime, they are most likely not very tasty.  And that's not even beginning to touch on the subject of gristle.

Considering this kind of situation would be exceptionally rare, I don't think it really needs to be implemented.  Better to have them starve for a while instead of topping off the ol' gut with some dwarf.

And besides, they'd have to fight.  You may end up with no survivors instead of two, if one decides to eat the other and the other decides not to be eaten.  Dwarf number one is killed, but managed to injutre dwarf number two enough that he dies before he can eat his kill.

I'd rather see dwarves with exceptional grudges try to murder each other first.  Cannibalism is for goblins, giant purring maggots, and british comedy troupes.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>car theft, embezzlement, prostitution, mindless violence, reckless driving and smuggling of illegal drugs ... Sex that doesn't even show genitalia</STRONG>

Second all these for the next version. Toady, you listening?

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

do married (or otherwise romantically involved) dwarves need a shared room?
Oo
Or do dwarves live republican-style?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

*Half-hearted rimshot*
Shoes...

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:Considering this kind of situation would be exceptionally rare...[/QB]
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean the pun.  But it made me laugh and groan all the same.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster