Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 31.whatever, Arena bug? feature?  (Read 2737 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
31.whatever, Arena bug? feature?
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »

So, i discovered how to make custom cave ins in arena (Tile of water then tile of magma over the same exact tile above an open space, doesn't work at +4)

and so whenever i do it above a double layer of occupied and open spaces, i get a hole torn through the floor, and i get random 'rock blocks' scattered around. That isn't a problem.

This however, is:

Thought you ought to know.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: 31.whatever, Arena bug? feature?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:01:16 am »

Looks like all those neglected Dwarven alchemists are getting their revenge :O
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:51 pm »

I noticed a similar thing  where "caving in" a created chunk of stone creates a cloud of stone - all stone, including soil and gems.  Furthermore, when I dropped a circle of stone around a Bronze Collosus, there were multiple "a pile of marble" objects with different stones under him - creating a similar ring with nothing in the center does not produce the same effect, so it seems that the stone actually HITS him and falls off.  You can't pick them up, though.

Also, it crashed for me afterwords.

I'm guessing this relates to how the Arena only has Rock walls and floors, and that it's drawing any kind of stone it can when necessary, producing a variety of stone.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:24:29 pm »

:)

I'm guessing this relates to how the Arena only has Rock walls and floors, and that it's drawing any kind of stone it can when necessary, producing a variety of stone.
I think it is also their reaction products, because I got metal (like iron coatings) and iron ore, plus cut gem dust.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...