Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mantis-tracker and the Forums  (Read 2323 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Mantis-tracker and the Forums
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:47:18 am »

Ok. This is only a very minor suggestion but i have seen some Communities (mostly browser games) that had used the Forums logins for the bug-tracker. Thus if someone was registered on the forums (s)he hadnt to be registered again on mantis. Could we get the same for our tracker?

Its not that much work on the Php-side and it would make the forums more comfortable respectively the tracker more accessible.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mantis-tracker and the Forums
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:19:13 pm »

I agree. Also, why does reading the tracker require login?
Reality is for people who lack imagination

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »

I agree. Also, why does reading the tracker require login?

that way we can catch someone filling out false bug reports, or putting spam into the comments box.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »

Ok. This is only a very minor suggestion but i have seen some Communities (mostly browser games) that had used the Forums logins for the bug-tracker. Thus if someone was registered on the forums (s)he hadnt to be registered again on mantis. Could we get the same for our tracker?

Its not that much work on the Php-side and it would make the forums more comfortable respectively the tracker more accessible.

I considered trying to do the PHP myself, but I was afraid that it would break if Toady updated either Mantis or SMF (partly because the Mantis code is a little gross).  If you have a tested authentication bridge that has a reasonable chance of surviving an update, definitely let Toady know about it.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:18:37 pm »

Actually i havent. I work thought with Php and JS very often but didnt do the bridge stuff. I figured that such scripts can be obtained very easily by the producers of mantis (or theyr own forums) or just by googling for one.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:24:02 am »

Yeah, I looked and there's nothing that looks remotely reliable.  This thread on the Mantis forums points to a SMF-Mantis bridge, but also says it doesn't work.  I suspect it's nontrivial.