Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Strange Mood Dwarf does not claim workshop  (Read 89847 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood Dwarf does not claim workshop
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 04:33:48 am »

Pimped Coffins are awsome, go out in style my good dwarf!
Well I guess this REALLY solves the issue does it? Why OMG why can't people stay on topic at least on bug issues?

Your bitching about people derailing this thread would make more sense if the problem hadn't already been solved, in the first reply no less.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 01:20:38 am »

Do you by any chance mean this:

Probably didn't have the type of workshop he needed.

Because if that had been the issue I'd have solved it myself; instead, as detailed in my post, my craftsdwarf NEVER claimed a workshop despite having access to all of them...
So yeah I'm bitching because the issue was NOT solved so every time I see a new reply I kinda hope there's an official answer of some kind...
Cheers

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 03:22:12 am »

Yes, that's what I meant. I hadn't read the rest of this thread and perhaps I should have. Seems you've solved the issue yourself now, so I'll save my breath.

EDIT: Apparently you've solved the issue a month ago and yet you're still impatiently waiting for an answer and breaking people's balls for going off topic. Nice.

I don't think anyone will be able to help you without knowing the exact layout of your fortress during that spell of disrupted pathfinding. You might have made a mistake while digging or removing ramps, since those seem to be rather unintuitive, and that piece of advise is about as specific I can get off hand.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:27:51 am by assimilateur »

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 12:42:17 pm »

Hmm I only have a hypothesis about pathfinding (shouldn't it solve itself by reloading the fortress? Mine didn't), until it's confirmed I cannot really claim to have "found" a general solution: while I know that magma and/or atomsmashing are effective solutions to almost any problem, I'm sure that the dwarf's death only removes the problem, it doesn't solve the issue.

That's why I was bitching. That, and my love for the noble art of bugtracking...

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 09:45:02 am »

Get dwarf therapist. Run dwarf fortress. Run Dwarf Therapist. See what type of workshop he wants, and build it as close to him as possible. Report back in on whether it works or not.

That way we can at least know what workshop he wants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 12:58:38 pm »

I got a legendary Blacksmith by having a dwarf make one Iron Anvil. He made a ☼100,000 Iron Sarcophagus... He was the Bookkeeper.
And this is relevant to the topic (and the forum section) because...?

It's relevant to the original topic because even though that dwarf had tons of skills, his only moodable skill was dabbling blacksmith. If I hadn't noticed, theoretically he would have died as well. Furthermore, you're not the hall monitor, and I wasn't speaking to you, and a post attempting to stop a derail (even if one is occurring) is just adding to it. :)
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »

Furthermore, you're not the hall monitor, and I wasn't speaking to you, and a post attempting to stop a derail (even if one is occurring) is just adding to it.

Well said, mate.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 05:33:09 pm »

dabbling blacksmith... did you make both a regular forge and a magma forge?

alexxeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:36 am »

Well, I have a tanner who is right now standing in his room, I had this happen to another dwarf aswell, but that one is in a coffin waiting for a mountian to collapse on it.

The current dwarfs only skill is Tanner, which I have a tannery. I also have a crafts workshop yet he just stands there, no demands have been made... any help?

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 05:00:22 am »

I think you need a leatherworker's workshop for your moody tanner.

SuperSean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 04:23:56 pm »

I got a legendary Blacksmith by having a dwarf make one Iron Anvil. He made a ☼100,000 Iron Sarcophagus... He was the Bookkeeper.
And this is relevant to the topic (and the forum section) because...?

I think it maybe points out that it may not be a bug. More the point that a dwarf doesnt necessarily 'commandeer' a workshop he is particularly skilled in. For example, I have a had dwarves without craft skills, create crafts

??

mszegedy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »

This happened to my siege engine maker; it was his only talent. I built a siege shop for him and he just stood around. Is there no other option but to build a complete host of moodable workshops?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

This happened to my siege engine maker; it was his only talent. I built a siege shop for him and he just stood around. Is there no other option but to build a complete host of moodable workshops?
From what I understand your siege engine maker is probably wanting a craft shop.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »

Not all skills are moodable.  If they don't have a moodable skill they just get the random crafter skill again.

I bet he wants a bowyer's workshop.  Some ass always wants one sooner or later.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 11:23:32 pm »

Same thing happened to me with a fey tanner. Even though I had a tannery, next thing I know he goes berserk and gets torn to shreds by war dogs and giant cave creatures. I hope someone finds a fix soon.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3